• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was so close to making this joke but thought it was in too poor taste.

Probably because it was too early in the morning for me to drunk yet when I read it.
So what you're saying is you didn't have the stones to make it

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be interested to watch Cummins' bowling this season. I felt that recently his action looks a bit flatter and he doesn't lift the ball quite as much. Especially in the Ashes, where he was maybe a touch slower and wasn't so good at what he's been brilliant at, getting life out of slow, dead pitches. If that is the case rather than being just a blip it'll be interesting to see how he adapts.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'll be interested to watch Cummins' bowling this season. I felt that recently his action looks a bit flatter and he doesn't lift the ball quite as much. Especially in the Ashes, where he was maybe a touch slower and wasn't so good at what he's been brilliant at, getting life out of slow, dead pitches. If that is the case rather than being just a blip it'll be interesting to see how he adapts.
I thought his main problem in the Ashes was his line tbh. When he stopped bowling on the pads so much, especially to Crawley, he still looked plenty dangerous, but his stock line seemed to drift onto middle and off stump all too often.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mitch Marsh has now decided to bowl hand grenades too

Only thing left for him to do to complete the humiliation is to take a one-handed screamer at gully

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought his main problem in the Ashes was his line tbh. When he stopped bowling on the pads so much, especially to Crawley, he still looked plenty dangerous, but his stock line seemed to drift onto middle and off stump all too often.
Cummins is a natural slanter, but I didn't think he made the ball really stand up off the seam as before. I think that someone brought up some stat that it was his slowest series, but can't remember the context. He's no spring chicken anymore regardless, and not bowling too quickly right now.

The whole execution of the bowling during that series sucked. It was always going to be very tough, but I thought everyone bowled more on the pads than usual, and the English are very strong on the leg side. I think we really missed a good outswing bowler, though the ball didn't swing overly much (it hasn't since the ECB decided to **** with it).