• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jack Leach vs Ajaz Patel

Who is the better test bowler?

• Total voters

Silver Silva

International Regular
I changed my mind to Ajaz Patel on reflection,
He's just been horribly treated by New Zealand management and the captains which isn't his fault.

Ajaz never gets a run of games unless it's the subcontinent where he has a very good record for a SENA spinner.

I mean away from New Zealand he averages about 23 overs an innings,
In the 3 Tests he played in NZ he averages just 10 overs an innings , even though he didn't take wickets in the 49 overs he bowled he only conceded 106 runs , you'd be happy to chase that in a 50 over game, that economy should give you the right to bowl more overs which spinners need to have a say in the match.

I'd say Ajaz is better but is not used properly by NZ braintrust and since Leach does not have ATG numbers it's enough for me.

ataraxia

International Coach
I changed my mind to Ajaz Patel on reflection,
He's just been horribly treated by New Zealand management and the captains which isn't his fault.

Ajaz never gets a run of games unless it's the subcontinent where he has a very good record for a SENA spinner.

I mean away from New Zealand he averages about 23 overs an innings,
In the 3 Tests he played in NZ he averages just 10 overs an innings , even though he didn't take wickets in the 49 overs he bowled he only conceded 106 runs , you'd be happy to chase that in a 50 over game, that economy should give you the right to bowl more overs which spinners need to have a say in the match.

I'd say Ajaz is better but is not used properly by NZ braintrust and since Leach does not have ATG numbers it's enough for me.
You think this harms his average?