• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Aritro

International Regular
They've been terrible at picking the variation deliveries today. All at sea against googlies and arm balls.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
It's one of those catches where you're just never really sure.
What was bizarre though is the TV umpire repeatedly saying I've got fingers under the ball.
After repeating this phrase three times he now suddenly says the balls touching the ground.
Contradicted himself something terrible there.

ataraxia

International Coach
Been quite a nice test, hasn't it, and as I write Nurul tries to defy me. When we chase this 3 down it will feel pretty sweet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's one of those catches where you're just never really sure.
What was bizarre though is the TV umpire repeatedly saying I've got fingers under the ball.
After repeating this phrase three times he now suddenly says the balls touching the ground.
Contradicted himself something terrible there.
Fingers aren't larger than a ball, he was only semi under it

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Fingers aren't larger than a ball, he was only semi under it
I don’t think that was the ruling, it was that he caught it cleanly and then the ball touched the ground as he rolled taking the catch, while it was in his hands.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don’t think that was the ruling, it was that he caught it cleanly and then the ball touched the ground as he rolled taking the catch, while it was in his hands.
Yeah cos he didn't catch it, it hit his hand, then when collecting it, it touched the ground. It wasn't "pouched"