• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Umar Gul is a brilliant pick up. Only bowler I've ever seen reverse it around corners in the 12th over of a T20. The only one.

But in all seriousness, I hope Pakistan make a game of this series. They have some excellent players.
Their bowling lineup looks abominable. Hope they prove me wrong.

Daemon

I was just thinking how lame this match up is going to be but really, apart from India and England (latter for Ashes value), all of world cricket would pretty much make for dire viewing in a test series in Australia.

I'd give SA a chance but they were quite poor the last time too.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I was just thinking how lame this match up is going to be but really, apart from India and England (latter for Ashes value), all of world cricket would pretty much make for dire viewing in a test series in Australia.

honestly this has been the case for most of this milennium (albeit you'd have to include sa)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there any hope this won't be yet another 'lambs to the slaughter' tour? Aussies can't make biryani or pilau :crybaby:

OverratedSanity

Ashes in Australia have made for mostly dreadful viewing too.

The biggest disappointments have been NZ who've had the best side in their history in the last decade but managed to turn into absolute wimps whenever they went to Australia.

TheJediBrah

The biggest disappointments have been NZ who've had the best side in their history in the last decade but managed to turn into absolute wimps whenever they went to Australia.
they're not any better when we go over there either. Haven't won a test match against us in NZ in my lifetime IIRC. At least they won a game in Hobart in 2011

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
they're not any better when we go over there either. Haven't won a test match against us in NZ in my lifetime IIRC. At least they won a game in Hobart in 2011
That Hobart match I think is their only Test win against Australia in the last 30 years.

Heck, even Pakistan have managed to win a Test series against Australia this century.

Qlder

International Debutant
Aussie Selectors showing their hand by naming Green in the PM XI to play Pak on 6 Dec. That pretty much makes the Aussie XI written in concrete with Marsh the allrounder

Prime Minister's XI: Nathan McSweeney (capt), Cameron Bancroft, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Nathan McAndrew, Todd Murphy, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Beau Webster

Kraken

State Captain
Aussie Selectors showing their hand by naming Green in the PM XI to play Pak on 6 Dec. That pretty much makes the Aussie XI written in concrete with Marsh the allrounder
yeah, not sure if it does tbh. Green hasn't played a lot of cricket recently, more than likely trying to give him a proper game tbh

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
they're not any better when we go over there either. Haven't won a test match against us in NZ in my lifetime IIRC.
93 was the last time.

Hopefully we can change that in March.

A potential top 7 of
Latham, Ravindra, Williamson, Conway, Mitchell, Nicholls/Phillips, Blundell

is very useful.

Just need a fit and firing Jamieson and the others to bowl well.

Zinzan

England haven't fired a shot in Aust since 2010/11 IIRC & SA last won a series there in 2016 from memory, so it's only really India who've made Aust sweat at home in the last 6-7 years. Not sure why you mentioned England.

Zinzan

Ashes in Australia have made for mostly dreadful viewing too.

That was so lame & depressing how we wilted so badly that series when on paper we had a decent side and think we were no 1 Test side in the world at the time.

Our best side in history though was more likely 18-24 mths later when we beat India the in the TC final in 2021 with the notable additions of Jamieson & Conway. Our selectors had the chance of picking Jamo in 2019 who I'd love to see on Aust wickets, but our usual conservative selections ensured that didn't happen.

Spark

Global Moderator
England haven't fired a shot in Aust since 2010/11 IIRC & SA last won a series there in 2016 from memory, so it's only really India who've made Aust sweat at home in the last 6-7 years. Not sure why you mentioned England.
SA won every series in Australia between 2008 and the most recent series last summer. It's what made their performance here so thoroughly disappointing as they don't have the excuse that other teams have of not having a good track record here.

Zinzan

I did have high hopes of an exciting series going into the Aust/SA Tests last year with SA's bowling attack, but the rest as they say is history.

Daemon

I wrote “for Ashes value” in brackets. People still tune in and there’s generally a decent bit of hype despite the drubbings because, well, it’s the Ashes. The only Tests a large chunk of the Australian fanbase care about are the Ashes. SA have been more competitive there over the last decade but I’m sure England visiting still gets more eyeballs.