• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Having had a bit of time since the final, I think what stood out at the end was Australia was the side that was simply better prepared. The intangibles, the one percenters, the luck, the toss, the way the pitch played - all that is part of any cricket game. Australia showed they had spent more time preparing for the Indian players individually than we did for them.

A bit of a reversal of the 2020-21 BG series, to an extent. The better prepared side won the finals and the World Cup. The side that prepared lesser lost out. In a rare moment of honesty amidst all the jealous one eyed bs posting, subzi was actually right. India played a 7/10 game in the finals, which can sometimes be winning and mostly be competitive. Australia just played a 9/10 game. They were better prepared and also executed those plans better out in the field. It sucks that the run had to end in this way as I feel Rohit, Shami, Jaddu all deserved to have been part of a world champion side at least once but c'est le vie.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh here come the English trash. Your country literally "won" a world cup after not even winning the final. I know it still stings that the supposed greatest moment in your country's pathetic cricket history is nothing but a meme and isn't taken seriously by anyone with a brain. I do think you guys might eventually win one for real but until that time your celebrations will always be hollow and bitter. It must hurt.

A cricketing nation that hasn't won anything worthwhile limited overs trophy in the sports history and is also rife with institutional racism against Asian people still having fans makes me really question whether they have a moral compass. English people also smell bad because they don't shower. Maybe it's because you think the next pathetic downpour is just around the corner and you're too lazy to bother taking an actual bath.

Summary :
1. England hasnt won a legit world cup, rigged or otherwise
2. English cricket is a racist institution
3. England fans lack good character for supporting such an insutition
4. You all smell bad

Spark

Global Moderator
Having had a bit of time since the final, I think what stood out at the end was Australia was the side that was simply better prepared. The intangibles, the one percenters, the luck, the toss, the way the pitch played - all that is part of any cricket game. Australia showed they had spent more time preparing for the Indian players individually than we did for them.

A bit of a reversal of the 2020-21 BG series, to an extent. The better prepared side won the finals and the World Cup. The side that prepared lesser lost out. In a rare moment of honesty amidst all the jealous one eyed bs posting, subzi was actually right. India played a 7/10 game in the finals, which can sometimes be winning and mostly be competitive. Australia just played a 9/10 game. They were better prepared and also executed those plans better out in the field. It sucks that the run had to end in this way as I feel Rohit, Shami, Jaddu all deserved to have been part of a world champion side at least once but c'est le vie.
It's Pune 2017 except it's a one-off game rather than a whole series which gives the surprised opponent a chance to recover.

Daemon

Oh here come the English trash. Your country literally "won" a world cup after not even winning the final. I know it still stings that the supposed greatest moment in your country's pathetic cricket history is nothing but a meme and isn't taken seriously by anyone with a brain. I do think you guys might eventually win one for real but but until that time your celebrations will always be hollow and bitter. It must hurt.

A cricketing nation that hasn't won anything worthwhile limited overs trophy in the sports history and is also rife with institutional racism against Asian people still having fans makes me really question whether they have a moral compass. English people also smell bad because they don't shower. Maybe it's because you think the next pathetic downpour is just around the corner and you're too lazy to bother taking an actual bath.

Summary :
4. You all smell bad
Let it out brother. It’s a safe space. Just don’t plagiarise anything as you may get the can.

Burgey

Australia showed they had spent more time preparing for the Indian players individually than we did for them.
Yeah when Sharma carved one to deep point in the first or second over and there was a bloke there instead of a standard 3rd man, it was apparent they’d planned pretty thoroughly for the individual players.

Edit: I was resigned to that shot being a boundary, was straight up three runs saved with good field placements. I don’t know why more teams stick with the orthodox third man over a deep point early on unless there’s pace in the pitch.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Oh here come the English trash. Your country literally "won" a world cup after not even winning the final. I know it still stings that the supposed greatest moment in your country's pathetic cricket history is nothing but a meme and isn't taken seriously by anyone with a brain. I do think you guys might eventually win one for real but until that time your celebrations will always be hollow and bitter. It must hurt.

Summary :
4. You all smell bad
I think you will find it is called humour. Stop crying those salty tears which taste so nice and get over it. You blew it on the big day.

Do you want salt to go with the chips on your shoulder?

Daemon

Yeah when Sharma carved one to deep point in the first or second over and there was a bloke there instead of a standard 3rd man, it was apparent they’d planned pretty thoroughly for the individual players
Spinners bowled pretty full to Rahul as well, he couldn’t get any of the square cuts he usually does.

Slower ball plan to Sky made him look a complete fool too, even if it hardly takes a genius to devise.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's Pune 2017 except it's a one-off game rather than a whole series which gives the surprised opponent a chance to recover.
I think its a mark of how close the games usually are between these two sides that almost everything seems to come down to preparation. I can almost smell the Vettori impact there in how well planned they were to the batsmen and how great bowlers like the fast bowling 3 bowled to a plan than try to attack with test match lengths etc which they are more than capable of.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Before the WC started the key question was could India handle the pressure of playing at home.

Until the final they did just that, using the crowd to their advantage, to inspire them and intimidate the opposition.

I think India are a better ODI side than the Aussies but when it mattered most, they couldn't perform. The occasion was too big for some of them.

The advantage of being at home became a burden as every Aussie boundary was met with stony silence.

The Aussies did what they do so often, performed at their best when it mattered most.

That's why they are World Champions.

Burgey

Spinners bowled pretty full to Rahul as well, he couldn’t get any of the square cuts he usually does.

Slower ball plan to Sky made him look a complete fool too, even if it hardly takes a genius to devise.
Yeah was some good planning. You need luck for it to come off though. The catch to get rid of Rohit was rare gold, for example. I don’t know if they planned to cramp Gill up on the pull shot or if that was just luck - was only the one bloke at an orthodox mid on for it. Sometimes you just have a day out

Burgey

The occasion was too big for some of them.
I wonder if this was more the case with the ball than the bat tbh. Iyer nicked off early - **** happens. A number of others were undone by decent bowling and good plans. That and the tail being so long - they had to play more conservatively than they otherwise would. I think HB mentioned Pandya’s loss being important in that regard

but when they started bowling and they got some early wickets, I think that’s when they maybe got too excited and looked for the miracle ball a bit too much. I mean it was doing a ton, all you had to do was drop it on a length and you’d have got results. Not that they were atrocious first up, more a bit too eager to take wickets instead of being patient.

Himannv

International Coach

I agree with this. I read somewhere that they stayed at the ground late the previous day so they could observe the conditions. Clearly they had plans in place for different players although some of it is probably luck or individual brilliance.