• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Qlder

International Debutant
That was the reason given for Green not being in the T20 series: so he can play Shield for WA
The reason I read is simply that all bowlers from the WC squad were rested from the T20 tour. Aus selectors don't seem to care if players have any red ball cricket before a 1st test.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The reason I read is simply that all bowlers from the WC squad were rested from the T20 tour. Aus selectors don't seem to care if players have any red ball cricket before a 1st test.
I definitely read it somewhere

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's far too logical a thing to do, they'll want to 'workload manage' him like they have Khawaja (for some reason).

If he does play WA should play him at 5, or better yet, 4. He's not a 6 in his natural batting style.

morgieb

Man does this home summer look uninspiring. I can't think of a worse one in......ever. Maybe the last time these two sides were the touring sides here?

Hopefully Pakistan can at least play like 2016 (where they fought) rather than 2019 (when they got out and out belted).

Spark

Global Moderator
It's far too logical a thing to do, they'll want to 'workload manage' him like they have Khawaja (for some reason).

If he does play WA should play him at 5, or better yet, 4. He's not a 6 in his natural batting style.
Or 3 given that Wyllie seems to have regressed so far this season

TheJediBrah

Man does this home summer look uninspiring. I can't think of a worse one in......ever. Maybe the last time these two sides were the touring sides here?

Hopefully Pakistan can at least play like 2016 (where they fought) rather than 2019 (when they got out and out belted).
Good time to have a **** home summer given how insane the winter was. Tour of India, Ashes, WTC final, World Cup . . . was ridiculous

Burgey

Shots fired from wahab riaz already about haris rauf making himself unavailable for the tests. I dont think wahab riaz is going to be that good of a selector.
That's renowned Western Suburbs second grader Haris Rauf to you.

Burgey

Good time to have a **** home summer given how insane the winter was. Tour of India, Ashes, WTC final, World Cup . . . was ridiculous
Meant to be a scorcher too. Not a bad summer for getting out early then hitting up the cricket later while on your way back from the beach or the shops.

TheJediBrah

Meant to be a scorcher too. Not a bad summer for getting out early then hitting up the cricket later while on your way back from the beach or the shops.
Will be the first summer in 20 years I'm not playing cricket every weekend too

OverratedSanity

28 years since they avoided a loss in a Test in Australia and I find it hard to see how it'll change this time.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In related news, apparently Gul and Ajmal have been appointed bowling coaches. Not sure Ajmal really knows very much about bowling frankly.
Still triggered after watching him bowl in that legends game in 2015ish where Warne got a broken f***kin arm or something.

By far the slowest ""fast bowler" retired or otherwise I've ever seen.

Flem274*

123/5
Umar Gul is a brilliant pick up. Only bowler I've ever seen reverse it around corners in the 12th over of a T20. The only one.

But in all seriousness, I hope Pakistan make a game of this series. They have some excellent players.

Last edited:

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
We've had a very settled test side for a long time now. That could leave us vulnerable if we get a wave of retirement in the next few seasons (realistically after the BG series next summer). Interesting to see if selectors use the two home test series to try out new seamers or if the main trio play through if they are all fit.