• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
50 ODI tons and yet he looks 5 minutes away from running to the bathroom in distress

Gob

International Coach
How are india still favourites in the betting odds
Well these two can put up a big partnership without taking too many risks because the scoring rate is really good. Then SKY/Jadeja gets to 300 and that's enough with India's superior bowling

Australia need to break this partnership to make this close

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yeah I know Rohit been giving fast starts but he got pretty reckless against Maxwell after smashing him for a few. Needed to take more responsibility today when gill got out first which hasn’t happened as often recently

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Don't think Rahul should care about his strike rate much here. Need to just focus on getting this to the 35th over or so without much more damage or there's a real chance India get rolled quickly.
Exactly. It doesn't seem like 300 pitch. Get to 280-290 and in big game that would be quite a chase.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Yeah I know Rohit been giving fast starts but he got pretty reckless against Maxwell after smashing him for a few. Needed to take more responsibility today when hill got out first which hasn’t happened as often recently
Agreed. But that's the thing, he was clear about what he wanted to do. He would've slowed down after that over. Since it was last PP over he wanted to maximize it.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Agreed. But that's the thing, he was clear about what he wanted to do. He would've slowed down after that over. Since it was last PP over he wanted to maximize it.
I honestly don’t think he was slowing down either way. Big reason why Indias in the final but so guess you can’t blame him much

Gob

International Coach
Is this pitch tough to bat on right now or it is more the game situation?
It's slow without huge amount of turn

Although you can't really judge the amount of spin on offer from Zampa's bowling because he is a bit of a roller

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Don't think Rahul should care about his strike rate much here. Need to just focus on getting this to the 35th over or so without much more damage or there's a real chance India get rolled quickly.
Yeah this, they have to recalibrate the target here IMO. 275 is good enough; anything above is a bonus. Slow wicket that I imagine our spinners will exploit well.