• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Flem274*

123/5
It's a nice ball.

Speaking of, Tickner's wickets have been a lot more impressive this season so far. A lot more corridor nicks and lbws.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Season of the 6-fer - Toole has one now.

Pleased to see Foulkes get a fifty. I love his bowling - gets every bit of pace and swing that he can - though I think he'll be more of a 4th seamer type if he plays for NZ, so has to bat well too, hopefully good enough for 6. We've already compared N Smith to Sam Curran a bit (who ultimately was too conditions-dependent to be a first choice seam bowler); Foulkes is along those lines too.

Otago failed to ram home the advantage after bowling ND out for 117 - typical. Started the day at 200/5 but then bowled out for just 240.
On track to need to chase 200-250 now and will probs collapse in a heap in true Otago style.

Second FC century for Severin at age 23 - impressive.

Delport is also a quietly good domestic spinner.

thierry henry

International Coach
He's changed his action. Faster run-up and a doesn't seem to be getting stuck in the crease like he used to.
Aesthetically it looks worse imo, but I think you’re right. Used to have the big high leap and now he sort of shuffles through the crease more quickly, which looks less visually impressive but might give him more momentum. Also looks a bit more round arm.

Years ago Doug Bracewell changed his action in a somewhat similar way where he went from a big slow-motion load up to running through the crease very quickly, again i aesthetically preferred the old action but I get the logic.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
That was a damp squib of a last day. 2 draws & an ND win because Wagner cleaned up the tail.

Ford Trophy next week. Bowlers, please stand up - there are places available in the ODI team for anyone who performs.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Vintage Wagner celebrations at the end. Hopefully he's regained the yard of pace he seemed to be missing at times last season with his various injuries.

If O'Rourke continues his form into Ford Trophy I suspect a Black Caps call up can't be far away.

ataraxia

International Coach
Ford Trophy starts tomorrow.

Queen's Park, Invercargill hosting its first game in a while as Otago's 4th choice venue, playing Auckland. Otago have announced a XII that includes Ollie White. Auckland have announced a XII that includes Jock McKenzie. I only wonder...

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Interesting that Canterbury are playing 2 debutante. Jacibs and Paul. Both in/around the U19s squads for upcoming WC.

ataraxia

International Coach
Interesting that Canterbury are playing 2 debutante. Jacibs and Paul. Both in/around the U19s squads for upcoming WC.
They've got about as many injuries as players. Always seems to be the case, but particularly so this season.