• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
7 for Shami. Unbelievable!

Well played India. By far the more switched on side today, and even when NZ did mount a challenge it was brushed away easily enough. This team looks totally up for the final.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Comment on my views about current Nz players in the ODI setup.

Conway has disappointed but will continue
Rachin a great find
Kane will still play
Mitchell superstar will obviously continue
Latham's prob last match
Phillips did very well as an all-rounder
Chapman will prob do good at no5 instead of no7 , he needs time to settle
Neesham prob will only play t20s
Young will prob be in the 15
Boult and Southee fantastic careers coming to an end
Santner has been a star too
Sodhi will be in 15 too unless other good spinner comes up
Ferguson needs to improve a lot , I doubt he will stay around till next WC
Henry if he stays fit and performs well will continue
Jamieson I am not so sure about in flat conditions, u need to have special skills to get wickets like bumrah has.

So Nz will need many Young players to fill in some important spots

But the attention now shifts to T20 WC next year.
Pretty accurate. Since Phillips and Ravindra can bowl passable spin I'd be tempted to put Ashok in the ODI squad ahead of Sodhi.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah there's a lot to work with for NZ, atleast from a batting front. In 2027 we should see

1.Rachin/Young
2.Conway
3.Young/Rachin
4.Mitchell
6.Phillips
8,Santner
9.Henry/Jamieson
10.Shipley/Jamieson
11.Fergo/Milne/?

Need a keeper who can bat 5 unless conway/phillips take the gloves and an allrounder. Death bowling looks a bit short, but there's plenty of talented bowlers running around the NZ circuit RN.