• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Mitchell will hole out soon I think.

On the upside I'm feeling justified about saying Pakistan wouldn't have beaten us if it went the full 50 overs, this is how easy it is to fall apart in a chase like this.
That was a weird game. An absolute road with short boundaries and NZ went with 3 spinners. They were all getting hammered, Pak had a higher chance of winning coz of NZ's bowling combination.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Cricinfo says ‘Match tied (England win on boundary countback)’

It’s so dumb that people still say this. Like I said, nobody says Argentina didn’t win the footy WC final
Is that soccer? That's because they probably scored more goals.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The match result is tied.
The world cup is on boundary countback
Well I’m going to quote your friend who said check cricinfo because the boundary countback is in brackets on the final result, not an addendum to the tournament.

This would be a valid argument if the criteria was like the 99 WC semi where it went off prior result in the super 6. But it wasn’t, it was self contained to the final. That was the criteria for winning the final. Suck it up, you’ve had four years.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well I’m going to quote your friend who said check cricinfo because the boundary countback is in brackets on the final result, not an addendum to the tournament.

This would be a valid argument if the criteria was like the 99 WC semi where it went off prior result in the super 6. But it wasn’t, it was self contained to the final. That was the criteria for winning the final. Suck it up, you’ve had four years.
Sort by results. You'll find its a tie

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Mitchell will hole out soon I think.

On the upside I'm feeling justified about saying Pakistan wouldn't have beaten us if it went the full 50 overs, this is how easy it is to fall apart in a chase like this.
Facts.. yea with tall chases its all about Breaking one partnership

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are two Kuldeep overs left, wonder if Rohit is hoping the equation gets too difficult by the time he's forced to bring him on.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Just goes to show no matter how good a bowler you are. In this format you get a flat pitch and all these rules that favour the batsmen and you’ll still struggle to be economical or get wickets like most bowlers have struggled tonight