• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’d rather listen to Viv talk about literally any story from his playing days than listen to commentators talk about how they should bowl more off cutters.
The man is from an island with 365 beaches. Coolness personifies him.
Bear in mind that his stint in the commentary box with Mark Butcher I think earlier in the year was pure gold. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitches earlier on in the tournament had something in it for our bowlers, this pitch is a road that is tailor made for the Indian batsmen.

Most teams bowling attacks would be getting carved up in these conditions, if it's this easy to bat on tonight we might give the chase a crack.
Shami is the best dry pitch pacer since Waqar and this is exactly the kind of pitch where you'd much rather have Jadeja than Santner too. It's not a total road. 360+ and it's game over especially with the ball traditionally doing a bit under lights here.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Phillips bowling has been one of the surprise packages of this Black Caps campaign. I keep forgetting he first made the side as a keeper.

Window

U19 Debutant
.. If Kohli does go onto to score a century it'll mean 3 personal records of Tendulkar will have been eclipsed during this tournament.

1.Most ODI centuries
2.Most World Cup ODI centuries
3.Most Centuries in World Cup matches.

.. The only thing he'd basically have left is the overall runs in a World Cup in which Kohli is still a good circa 600 runs away from.
One player having all those records vs split across multiple players. But yeah I do suspect a lot of Tendulkar’s records will fall over time across multiple players.

King Kane

International Debutant
NZ generally adapt well, hasn’t been the case in this half of the tournament. Discipline’s been missing and it’s cost them.
We haven't bowled that well but the bowlers are on to a hiding to nothing bowling on this pitch, it's way too much in favour of the batsmen.

It's not a good pitch even for an ODI, you need a better balance between bat and ball to provide a better contest, only Indian fans will be enjoying this.