• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think this toss matters so much. Depends on who utilises the 1st innings better.
Rumours about the pitch make the toss a bit less important. I also think it's less important just because it's India - conditions obviously say bat first but India are a better chasing team which would have evened it out a bit no matter who won the toss.

Declaring victory for a team before a ball is bowled is lame in general.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
This is 50-50 game .toss is not a big factor as people are assuming .
The fact that neither captain had any hesitation of what they would do gives it away on how crucial the toss was.
This is not ipl that starts at 8 and by the time chasing team arrives, dew is guaranteed. It's the twilight time with the light had just come on and breeze from Arabian sea will guarantee massive assistance to the fast bowlers. You can see even afg wrek havoc against Australia. And people ate mentioning NZ being great swing players, you don't think Aussie are? And India has far better attack then afg. It's definitely not ,50-50!

King Kane

International Debutant
As much as I would have preferred to bat first I would still be nervous about us getting rolled cheaply like the 2015 World Cup final.

Even if we concede over 300 bowling first we are still in the game, but if we got rolled for under 200 batting first it's game over man.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I don't think this toss matters so much. Depends on who utilises the 1st innings better.
Hasn't every fielding side been 5 wickets down for less than 80 runs at this World Cup.

An ATG knock from Maxwell is the only reason another result occurred for the field first side.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
As much as I would have preferred to bat first I would still be nervous about us getting rolled cheaply like the 2015 World Cup final.

Even if we concede over 300 bowling first we are still in the game, but if we got rolled for under 200 batting first it's game over man.
You can console your self this is way. But Given a choice you know what you would've preferred.