• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Hey guys, what's the consensus on how Indian fans should behave if India loses? I will note it down. Thanks.
Depends on how they lose. If you play good cricket and opposition betters it, there is nothing to behave you had to respect and give credit to the opposition.
But if you choke and drop catches and sway from your plans and bowl freebies opposite to your field set, then there will be massive roar.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's all understandable for fans to support their team and say what they feel about the opposition, but NZ is definitely most decent team in terms of how they carry themselves. They deserve a mention for being such gentlemen pretty much always. Definitely sets the standards on how the game should be played within the spirit of the game.
Yeah good little Kiwis always play within the spirit of the game and punch above their weight.

They love it when you point this out too. They don't find it patronising at all.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I would like to check that coin, I wouldn't be surprised if India rigged that too.

Not ideal bowling first but hopefully we can take some early wickets, if we don't we could be chasing a huge total.
This kinda reminds me of the talk when Australia was dominating. People had all kinds of conspiracies. Ponting batting with springs in his bat etc ..Teams are beaten before a ball is bowled .

mackembhoy

International Debutant
How did you type this with a straight face when your pitches completely nullified spin bowling? Rashid Khan , Zampa , Kuldeep everyone averaged 40+ . It was a high grade pitch doctoring that completely nullified spin bowling.
Do you have amensia about all the rain?

Almost like you need dry and hot weather to be conducive for spin in England.

Was more like playing in April/May that World Cup.

We also played with Moeen in every game prior to that world cup and he didn't play much. So caused us to change our team make up.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
SkyBet now offering 100/1 for a NZ win.

Not really but they might as well given that winning the toss was crucial.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Do you have amensia about all the rain?

Almost like you need dry and hot weather to be conducive for spin in England.

Was more like playing in April/May that World Cup.
Then England shouldn’t host ICC Tournaments unless they get a proper weather😂

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NZ have three spinning options ( Santner, Rachin and Philips) where india have only two .
It is interesting thinking about the bowling depth.

Looking at it one way New Zealand only have four front line bowlers and India have five, but NZ have seven bowling options total and India still only have five.

Gob

International Coach
nope. they are probably the best players of swing in the world. they will see the swing off and win when chasing 😢
Kane Williamson comes across as a family man to me. But as they say, can't judge a book by its cover and a swinger by his appearance

Molehill

International Captain
NZ did win two vital tosses in the 2019 knockout games, plus another in the 2021 T20 semi. They've had their chances....