• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Andyhere

International 12th Man
It's all understandable for fans to support their team and say what they feel about the opposition, but NZ is definitely most decent team in terms of how they carry themselves. They deserve a mention for being such gentlemen pretty much always. Definitely sets the standards on how the game should be played within the spirit of the game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Gotta say I'd be much more comfortable with Neesham than Chapman in a game like this, especially if Kane was told he wasn't allowed to bowl unless someone got injured.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
India batting first, probably the right move in this game. Gotta pray for the dew I guess.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Some great rewriting of history about 2019 on here.

Pitches were absolutely nothing like the ones seen in England from 2015-2019 bilateral series.

Produced much more low scoring games.

Not like we didn't have a lot of rain around too and of course the weather is more important than the pitches in England as always.

The India/NZ was a Semi final was on a used pitch but it wasn't changed at the last minute like we see here.

Hard to be surprised every India game has been like a home game this world cup anyway with the firework shows. Trying to gain an advantage by changing the pitch is par for the course. Did it last time England toured here cos Kohli was unhappy with the first pitch.
How did you type this with a straight face when your pitches completely nullified spin bowling? Rashid Khan , Zampa , Kuldeep everyone averaged 40+ . It was a high grade pitch doctoring that completely nullified spin bowling.

Flem274*

123/5
It's all understandable for fans to support their team and say what they feel about the opposition, but NZ is definitely most decent team in terms of how they carry themselves. They deserve a mention for being such gentlemen pretty much always. Definitely sets the standards on how the game should be played within the spirit of the game.
Like when Kyle Jamieson throws balls at people.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
I would like to check that coin, I wouldn't be surprised if India rigged that too.

Not ideal bowling first but hopefully we can take some early wickets, if we don't we could be chasing a big total.
Why you are playing cricket as BCCI= ICC for you ?
Stop this conspiracy theory and disscus real things

mackembhoy

International Debutant
What's the dew like in Mumbai?
I think we should go over to our English correspondent Jos Bottler for his expertise on Mumbai weather conditions(he did play for Mumbai Indians after all)

Rob Key bemoaned Englands lack of local knowledge RE conditions there for their decision to field first.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
I dunno about the pitches but toss can definitely be fixed, since 2011 finals I don't remember seeing a coin toss where the cam panned on how it landed 🤔
Yes but why just this game? I saw bring in all footages including but not limited to the 2011 WC.
b4e4fb97706033d4b218d62eba943735.jpg

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
They should accept that professional cricket is high variance and that's what makes it fun to watch, and not have conniptions about choking etc as if it's their divine right to win every game.

Definitely fine to be sad/angry as a fan though.

(and yes I realise it wasn't a serious question lol)
Nah only beta accepts things which don't go their own way.

As an alpha I would never indulge in this kind of behavior and would always throw a tantrum whenever my team loses.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How did you type this with a straight face when your pitches completely nullified spin bowling? Rashid Khan , Zampa , Kuldeep everyone averaged 40+ . It was a high grade pitch doctoring that completely nullified spin bowling.
I don't think that was deliberate or tactical, that was basically just what ODIs in England are like these days.

I do disagree with him that the pitches were more bowler friendly than was usual in England though. We saw lower scores for two reasons - overheads, and teams actually playing full strength attacks and not resting their all format quicks as often happens in away ODIs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, well played India, that was fun while it lasted.

Southee to get mauled after his first couple of overs.

Molehill

International Captain
And England had been happily playing and winning with 2 spinners all lead up to the tournament. The ICC created the pitches, not the ECB. It forced England to change their team plans, Plunkett came in for Moeen.