• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Flem274*

123/5
Bowling allrounder party at the top.

Interesting that as much as we find Nicholls frustrating in test cricket, he is burying his competition in (a depleted) Shield.

He has always been a 50+ guy at home tbf. Leaves the ball on the NZ length well.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I dunno if I'd deem that footage particularly conclusive in terms of getting him for ball tampering. Absolute clean skin, don't expect anything to come of it

Howsie

International Captain
He has to get banned for the summer at the very least. Us Kiwi’s have dined out on what Smith and co did for a year, can’t just sweep this under the carpet.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
The umpires also reported him, and there’s three different videos, and the Auckland side suspected him and recorded him from the boundary as well. So I think there must be something to it with all that.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love it. Scratch a ball against a helmet. Ban him for a year!
Incapable of understanding the meaning of no, get him in the Test team.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
There's no way he deserves more than a one or two game ban ... or missing the Bangladesh series as a push.

Bite the ball like an apple and maybe we'd have more of an issue.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The umpires also reported him, and there’s three different videos, and the Auckland side suspected him and recorded him from the boundary as well. So I think there must be something to it with all that.
If true, that is a major brain melt from a senior player. Cameras all over the show