• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You know, I had totally forgotten Andy McKay had played a test. In India no less. Lost by an innings. Tim Mac played tho, that was an upside.
Sachin was his only Test wicket, bounced out. Crowd went deathly silent. Also flown in for the 2011 World Cup semi-final, and took 1-39 off 10, including Sangakkara. Had a fearsome 1-2 punch of the in-swinging beamer, in-swinging yorker combo that earned him many club/FC wickets.

I will take Andy McKay stats as my Master Mind category, please

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
My main memory of Andy McKay is always him bouncing and trying to kill Adam Parore at that Christchurch earthquake fundraising game at the Basin.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Looked at Kristian Clakje from last season .
looks identical, apart from the hair. Must be optical illusion.

DavidUK

Cricket Spectator
Cumming is a walking wicket this season. Feet encased in concrete. What's the point of having coaches if they can't rectify a simple problem?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Sachin was his only Test wicket, bounced out. Crowd went deathly silent. Also flown in for the 2011 World Cup semi-final, and took 1-39 off 10, including Sangakkara. Had a fearsome 1-2 punch of the in-swinging beamer, in-swinging yorker combo that earned him many club/FC wickets.

I will take Andy McKay stats as my Master Mind category, please
I remember him bowling Andrew de Boorder at the Basin with that yorker. Came around the wicket to him. Left armer who could bowl in the 140's. Apparently he eventually played for the Black Caps because Vettori faced him in a domestic game and rated him.

Why no Abbas for Wellington? Good to see Robinson score some runs in his absence, though.
Yeah, Robinson's stroke play is really good to watch. Good partnership from Parkes and Todd for Otago too.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I remember him bowling Andrew de Boorder at the Basin with that yorker. Came around the wicket to him. Left armer who could bowl in the 140's. Apparently he eventually played for the Black Caps because Vettori faced him in a domestic game and rated him.

Yeah, Robinson's stroke play is really good to watch. Good partnership from Parkes and Todd for Otago too.
The weird thing is on his debut he clocked 147 (immediately putting Mark Richardson into a fits of excitement), but the fastest I ever saw him bowl in any game after that was about 142 and usually mid-high 130's. Weird to think that Boult would come along a couple years later and bowl at the same speed and yet no one ever thought of him as being especially quick because of his insane control and skill (and I suppose because Mitchell Starc was floating around to put things into context).

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke
:cool:

Smith and Sears :cool2:

There's a bit of variable bounce in that Basin wicket, though they've done a good job of extracting it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Auckland playing pretty hard for the draw - will be interesting to see who can make the breakthrough for Canterbury

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The weird thing is on his debut he clocked 147 (immediately putting Mark Richardson into a fits of excitement), but the fastest I ever saw him bowl in any game after that was about 142 and usually mid-high 130's. Weird to think that Boult would come along a couple years later and bowl at the same speed and yet no one ever thought of him as being especially quick because of his insane control and skill (and I suppose because Mitchell Starc was floating around to put things into context).
He was much quicker when he played club cricket for Takapuna as an early 20s year old...scary quick, given he had no idea where it was going. Nightmare to face in nets. He eventually dialed it back in order to get better shape - at high 140s he bowled along and across the wicket, but slowed down and developed an inswinger on his good days.
Hell of a nice guy. Umpires loved him, used to give him way too many decisions

Athlai

Not Terrible
At least hes almost 32 and presumably won't even play a world cup game for us.

Ill skip whatever Tests he inevitably gets picked for