• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Removal of long hair made him more streamlined?

Nice banana inswing for Foulkes, who continues to have the wicket-taking knack. Kelly acted like that ball from Clarke that bowled him swung a lot too, though I'm not sure it did.

J McKay goes under the radar but he's big, strong and probably fairly quick - that was a good bouncer to draw the top edge from Clarkson.

Howsie

International Captain

Nice banana inswing for Foulkes, who continues to have the wicket-taking knack. Kelly acted like that ball from Clarke that bowled him swung a lot too, though I'm not sure it did.

J McKay goes under the radar but he's big, strong and probably fairly quick - that was a good bouncer to draw the top edge from Clarkson.
From what I’ve seen of his bowling if his batting really is up to first class standard as an opener he’s a serious prospect. That ball was serious class. He’s probably only 125-130k but if he can add another 5k in the next 18 or so months and the runs begin to flow he won’t be far off playing for New Zealand.

Flem274*

123/5

McKay was the quickest bowler on display by a considerable margin in the England series warm up at Hamilton.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McKay was the quickest bowler on display by a considerable margin in the England series warm up at Hamilton.
Yeah I remember he clean bowled Zac Crawley - straight through the defenses. I got the impression that him bowling a ball on the stumps was a bit of a rarity, though. Has only conceded 3 per over vs CD today, hopefully accuracy is and will improve without drop in pace.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Is it me or does his action look different? Seems more upright
I think his action does look different. But not from being more upright. He has always been very upright and straight and smooth through the crease IMO. Quite effortless, but also very medium paced.

Which is why I thought he looked like he was being more vigorous/ jerky this season. Looks to me like same action but shedloads more effort for some speed.

Just my distance observation using a small screen.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You know, I had totally forgotten Andy McKay had played a test. In India no less. Lost by an innings. Tim Mac played tho, that was an upside.

Last edited: