• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #36 - Australia vs England - November 4th - Ahmedabad

Andyhere

International 12th Man
What India did to them is still playing on their minds. They are just trying to not lose wickets and so no intent to score

Owzat

U19 Captain
Bye bye Rooty baby bye bye........... That's Root oot.... (and England's prospects of getting close dwindling)

This is the worst form I've ever seen Root in I reckon. Even in his low-scoring phases he usually starts in good touch and gives it away.
TMS just pointed out his average of 21 in ODIs since...... *will have to look it up*

Conclusion, must be the 21.40 averaged in 2023 before today, or the 20.8 averaged since Sri Lanka series in July 2021. Will do a little bit of work see if I can best that (seeing that likely already, average 39+ a year up to 2020

Root ODIs (169)
2013-2015 (63) : 59 inns, 2221 runs @ 41.91 (SR 83.47, HS 121, 100 x6, 50 x11)
2016-2019 (80) : 76 inns, 3635 runs @ 59.59 (SR 89.95, HS 133no, 100 x10, 50 x22)
2020-2023 (26) : 23 inns, 578 runs @ 27.52 (SR 81.75, HS 86, 100 x0, 50 x5)

Root had his fine time, not droppable even if his SR has never been all that, about time he was left out and England moved on. Figures include his 13 today when England needed many more. Sure it is ok to build an innings, not always about everyone scoring a run a ball or more, but can just put pressure on when someone regularly wastes deliveries - SR was as low as 67.09 in 2020 but surely excuses will be trotted out for that year

As for his bowling, 1 wicket in 2023, SR near 6.50, bowls ok but as I often mention ODIs are no different to any other format, taking wickets is important. Let's see if aussies push home from 19/2 or let pressure off England a bit, they do have better bowlers (4-1 or 4-2 tops)

on the flip side the aussie dumbass with "he wants things to go the way he wants them to be" (on hits herlocks)

Owzat

U19 Captain
If England can get through to lunch only 2 down it should get easier for batting after that.
wouldn't be too surprised if they weren't playing for the draw, reach 50 overs and look to shake hands and share the points (and I don't mean a tie)

Owzat

U19 Captain
They are doing a classic run chase where start slow and build later
might work if the "wickets in hand" they are preserving could add much to the total, on the showing this tournament their 4-11 average 15 and that's not a lot of potential even if the players are capable

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Stokes slow start only becomes an issue if he gets out now. If he stays in and gets going he's more than capable of playing catch up.