• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like this is dogmatic rubbish, based on nothing more than his old man being a billionaire. Everything I've heard is that he's a pretty humble, genuine team guy who doesn't sledge, works hard and wants to do well. And has copped far too much **** for being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, which is nowhere within his control.
Yeah. Ponce.

TheJediBrah

I've never seen a cricket team so out of touch with reality as the English in the 2023 Ashes, and Stokes was one of the worst. Probably by virtue of being the main spokesperson of their delusional understanding of what was going on
Heh Joe Root's new comments today

Delusional England is the gift that keeps on giving

Molehill

International Captain
The England team is full of great blokes, but even aside from that - seeing TJB, Burgey and Son of Coco complain about them is hilarious given they all have a hard on for the Big Dick Cricket peak Australia sides liked to play.
If we ever did a similar critique of the Aussie team, I suspect the one good bloke in there is the one they don't like coz you know he's a bit green and liberal.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
If we ever did a similar critique of the Aussie team, I suspect the one good bloke in there is the one they don't like coz you know he's a bit green and liberal.
Cummins and Head come across well to me. But for the rest of them................

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There are few sportspeople in the world with a jaw as vitreous as James Anderson. Rarely seen a bloke as happy to give out **** while being so temperamentally incapable of taking it. A sign of manifest weakness and a seriously flawed character. He's that thin-skinned.
tbf those attributes were pretty much a prerequisite for anyone wanting to play for Australia in the early 2010s.

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
Cummins and Head come across well to me. But for the rest of them................
Head can **** right off for being ****e at Sussex. The one good thing he did was welching out of his contract for the following season (even if he did leave it rudely late) which allowed us to get Pujara instead.

Inglis is probably ok coz he's English and annoys @Burgey.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I feel like this is dogmatic rubbish, based on nothing more than his old man being a billionaire. Everything I've heard is that he's a pretty humble, genuine team guy who doesn't sledge, works hard and wants to do well. And has copped far too much **** for being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, which is nowhere within his control.
people's psychopathy increases in relation to wealth

give him a few years until he becomes a veteran

his true colors will come out in a few years along with his entitlement

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
people's psychopathy increases in relation to wealth

give him a few years until he becomes a veteran

his true colors will come out in a few years along with his entitlement
Good to see you’re still going through your sixth form phase Shri. Only been 15 years now

flibbertyjibber

So Stokes having a knee operation after World Cup. No word on length of time out or if his place in India is in doubt. Must be a minor one or he would be having it tomorrow seeing as we are out already.

Molehill

International Captain
Is this knee op going to allow him to bowl again, or simply run between the wickets and field? I'm starting to think it's probably the latter.

Molehill

International Captain
He says it's so he can play as an all rounder
As someone who has had knee issues for 30 years, believe that when I see it. Once a knee is ****ed, it generally remains so and an op only temporarily resolves the issue.