• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

Owzat

U19 Captain
have to assume anxiety come paranoia that a big drop in NRR which I'm not sure is likely this many games gone might open the door for an unlikely late charge and steal a top four spot

if saffers win, and it looks more than likely, they and India are almost home and hosed, doubt Pakistan, Afghans or anyone else is capable of winning enough games and turning their NRR around enough to make anyone in the top four currently drop out

King Kane

International Debutant
Now Young gone too, time for Latham to play a captain's knock.

have to assume anxiety come paranoia that a big drop in NRR which I'm not sure is likely this many games gone might open the door for an unlikely late charge and steal a top four spot

if saffers win, and it looks more than likely, they and India are almost home and hosed, doubt Pakistan, Afghans or anyone else is capable of winning enough games and turning their NRR around enough to make anyone in the top four currently drop out
I don't think NRR matters much, if we lose tonight we just need to beat one of Pakistan or Sri Lanka to make the semis, we should still manage that.

Punk01

School Boy/Girl Captain

It's not unlikely anymore

Nz vs Pak is a Virtual Quaterfinal

And it's a horrible look losing to all the top 3 teams in league stages

Sunil1z

International Regular

I don't think NRR matters much, if we lose tonight we just need to beat one of Pakistan or Sri Lanka to make the semis, we should still manage that.
No . Pakistan can also get to 10 points by winning remaining 2 games

Andyhere

International 12th Man

Young was never going to do much anyways. He is just the waste of a spot in otherwise a good NZ team.

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Honestly Conway has been a flop show baring the opening game, bashing worst team In the tournament is no achievement
First game of the tournament England wasn't the worst team at that time. They got worse as the tournament progressed.

Molehill

International Captain
Toss dependent for me, if SA bat first they can go big, and I can't see NZ chasing a big one so well 2 games on the trot. If NZ bat first, I suspect they'll win as SA just don't seem like a confident team when chasing.
Why? Not saying you're wrong just interested in your reasoning.
How many teams in history have scored over 350 consecutively (especially batting 2nd)? It just doesn't happen, and looks like it won't be happening here either.