• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heh, SR of 600. Perfect from Markram :p

It's weird, I almost thought SA should've scored more. 360 would be tough but New Zealand nearly chased down 390 on Saturday....

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The bad news for New Zealand is they're chasing 357.

The good news for New Zealand is there's no Kane!
I'm all for this kind of commentary re KW in T20s, but in ODIs he could play an innings exactly like vdD here*, which takes a huge chunk out of the chase.

* with the impatient watchers/commentators death-riding him all the way.

King Kane

International Debutant
That couldn't have been a worse ball from Neesham to bowl to Markram on the last ball.

Another tough run chase for us but at least it isn't as tough as our last run chase, it's gettable but SA would be favourites.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I'm all for this kind of commentary re KW in T20s, but in ODIs he could play an innings exactly like vdD here, which takes a huge chunk out of the chase.
I think in his absolute peak he was an asset for this kind of chase. Has a limited tempo range now. Perfect for a chase of 280. Less so here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gentle reminder batting second this WC we chase England and Bangers with 9 and 8 wickets in hand, and 380 vs Aus.

Gotta back ourselves to do this

Probably 20-30 too many

Gob

International Coach
Mark Nicholas is a quality commentator as long as he isn't working for nine

Looking forward to NZ winning this as well.. Morally I mean