• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

thierry henry

International Coach
What sort of score does Mbangwa think they should be aiming for and what sort of score does he think they’re currently on target for? This is looking like 350 and while that’s a feasibly chaseable score I don’t think I’ve ever heard a commentator talk about it like this before.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What sort of score does Mbangwa think they should be aiming for and what sort of score does he think they’re currently on target for? This is looking like 350 and while that’s a feasibly chaseable score I don’t think I’ve ever heard a commentator talk about it like this before.
I 99% agree that the commentators are being over-the-top about RVD's 'struggles', but it is also true the game has changed a lot. Was amazed how many times the commentators in the NZ chase vs Australia said things like 'required run rate hasn't got out of control, they only need 8s or 9s' with literally 20-ish overs to go. And they were right. To anyone watching ODIs in the 90s, that's completely whack.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
South Africa haven’t completely run away with it mainly because Boult, Santner and Phillips have been very good so far. Platform looks ominous though.

thierry henry

International Coach
I 99% agree that the commentators are being over-the-top about RVD's 'struggles', but it is also true the game has changed a lot. Was amazed how many times the commentators in the NZ chase vs Australia said things like 'required run rate hasn't got out of control, they only need 8s or 9s' with literally 20-ish overs to go. And they were right. To anyone watching ODIs in the 90s, that's completely whack.
Yeah but that understanding of the modern game is exactly why they should realise that 350+ is still par from here

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon they are going to go awfully hard at Neesham here. Creates a real issue if he gets hit out of the attack

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember as a kid anytime the RRR was over 6 it was basically game over. Inzi in the '92 semi came in when 120 odd were needed from 16 overs and it was considered almost miraculous when they won.