• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #32 - New Zealand vs South Africa - November 1st - Pune (D/N)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Would love a commentator to be brave enough to simply make the observation that his career record is bad. Not even a Southee thing really, just for commentators to exhibit basic knowledge and simpIe, neutral analysis. I mean, they put the career stats up on the screen to invite comment, it doesn’t require even CW-level analysis to say ‘it’s quite a poor record, this is clearly his worst format and that’s why he hasn’t been first choice for years’. Too much to ask of course.
I appreciate commentators usually try to be positive and contribute to feel-good tournament vibes - could still make the observations you suggest in a fairly neutral way though.

King Kane

International Debutant
We have done well to keep the screws on de Kock so far but I would still like to see the back of him as he could explode at any time.

If anyone would do that you'd think it would be Ponting. He's excessively brutally honest if anything a lot of the time.
Yeah he doesn't pull any punches with his commentary even when it comes to Australia, one of the best commentators going around.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like the NZ team and squad in general look like they belong in a Country Road catalogue.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My hatred of all things finger spin is well known but this is top quality from Santner.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
QdK looks quite determined that Pillips won’t bowl 10 for 37 this time