• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

Molehill

International Captain
Quick question on the famous 2019 incident. If the law had been applied correctly, who would have been on strike for the penultimate ball, Stokes or Rashid??

Coz if it was Rashid, I have it on good authority he edged it for 4 and England won without even the need for a super over (and thus it was demoted to Number 3 on Crapinfo's list of all time ODI's).

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quick question on the famous 2019 incident. If the law had been applied correctly, who would have been on strike for the penultimate ball, Stokes or Rashid??

Coz if it was Rashid, I have it on good authority he edged it for 4 and England won without even the need for a super over (and thus it was demoted to Number 3 on Crapinfo's list of all time ODI's).
Smh still relying on luck

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
calling it a Kiwi coping strategy is actually an English coping strategy is actually an Australian coping strategy is another English coping strategy

Every English cricket fan knows they didn't actually win 2019. That's why they get so upset and argue (cope) so hard as perfectly demonstrated right now in this thread
As an English cricket fan, living in England, I can categorically state that I don't know any fan who thinks that we didn't win the 2019 WC.

We argue about this strongly on here, because like any falsehood, it needs to be called out.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As an English cricket fan, living in England, I can categorically state that I don't know any fan who thinks that we didn't win the 2019 WC.

We argue about this strongly on here, because like any falsehood, it needs to be called out.
Thanks for proving me right

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
None of the (regular) posters here actually think England didn't win the world cup either. Because, you know, it literally happened.

But what is an internet sports forum for if not trolling fans of different sports teams to you when you're bored. England won a tournament, they got lucky to do so, we don't like England, something something waaah something.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
If law had been applied correctly Stokes would be in jail thus won't be playing the WC so NZ would have easily won the final given England could qualify for the final without Stokes.

Last edited:

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Mott may well have lost the dressing room, either before the WC or as the tournament has progressed.

But it's not just Mott and/or Buttler that this is down to.

The players have simply not performed to anywhere near their level and they have to be accountable for that.

The ECB also have to look at themselves - this has been a systematic failure - this shouldn't be laid just at the coaches and/or captains door.
and the ECB also have to look at themselves in terms of the issuing and timing of the latest contracts.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
and the ECB also have to look at themselves in terms of the issuing and timing of the latest contracts.
We all know that the ECB won't take any of the blame for this failure but they obviously should do.

Mott, whether he is actually the problem or not, will probably be sacrificed, and there will be an official inquiry further down the line.

loterry1994

International Debutant
So Mott comes in wins t20 World Cup. ECB didn’t have as good a preparation set up for this World Cup compared to 2019 with a lot more players resting in bilateral series. You got all these new young guys in the World Cup team and not in it barely got 10-15 odis on them. England has a crap World Cup and the coach might get the sack who’s fault is it?

Molehill

International Captain
So Mott comes in wins t20 World Cup. ECB didn’t have as good a preparation set up for this World Cup compared to 2019 with a lot more players resting in bilateral series. You got all these new young guys in the World Cup team and not in it barely got 10-15 odis on them. England has a crap World Cup and the coach might get the sack who’s fault is it?
At a time of hurt, we do what comes naturally - blame the Aussie!!

Owzat

U19 Captain
think the middle "hopes hanging by a" missing from the title, but think the thread is now bare and broken

are people still missing the basic facts, quicks and indeed spinners not suited for most conditions outside UK and batting thread bare, Brook and Livingstone punts, the latter as he bowls spin, and quite a few out of form

also whilst the wham, bam, thankyou ham approach works sometimes in this World Cup a lot of the batsmen for England can only bat one way

Groundking

International Debutant
4 years on and you lot are still crying about what happened in 2019, honestly you lot are worse than the remoaners.

Cope harder, England are still the champions for another 19 days :pimp:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for proving me right
You are never right.....thats just a given here mate. The 2nd worst thing that happened to phlegm in this debate (after GIMH totaly owning him of course) was you wading in on his side......that in itself is evidence enough that he is totally wrong in his opinion.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
4 years on and you lot are still crying about what happened in 2019, honestly you lot are worse than the remoaners.

Cope harder, England are still the champions for another 19 days :pimp:
Interestingly, it's very seldom NZ posters who do this.