• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Time to move on from Latham in ODIs after this world cup. His career story has been one of doing just enough to retain his place and I don't see it changing. We should be proactive and look for better, even if it hurts short term. In 4 years if it turns out they were all worse we can always bring him back for the world cup. He will score his start as he always does.

Modern NZ isn't that ruthless though.
Absolutely agree with this. And in this WC, I'd move him to 6.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Time to move on from Latham in ODIs after this world cup. His career story has been one of doing just enough to retain his place and I don't see it changing. We should be proactive and look for better, even if it hurts short term. In 4 years if it turns out they were all worse we can always bring him back for the world cup. He will score his start as he always does.

I've supported keeping him in the ODI team up until now, but only because this World Cup is in India.

I agree after this tournament it's time to look at other options. And also agree he's let us down in the last few games, this has literally been the moments he's in the side for.

Flem274*

123/5
Australia need to get their least talented, most unassuming bowler on to Ravindra. It seems to work very well against him in domestic cricket. Will see off the Black Cap(s) and interesting players, then get out to some 115kph battler or twirly boi.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Australia need to get their least talented, most unassuming bowler on to Ravindra. It seems to work very well against him in domestic cricket. Will see off the Black Cap(s) and interesting players, then get out to some 115kph battler or twirly boi.
Don't volunteer this precious top secret information!

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah he’s digivolved. Coming of age World Cup this

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I actually really rate head's bowling for some reason, glad they haven't brought him on

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Adam Zampa now moves into 2nd spot for most wickets taken by an Australian spinner in One Day Internationals, overtaking Brad Hogg.

1. Shane Warne: 293 (194 matches)

2. Adam Zampa: 157 (91 matches)

3. Brad Hogg: 156 (123 matches)

4. Peter Taylor: 97 (83 matches)

5. Allan Border: 73 (273 matches)

6. Glen Maxwell: 67 (134 matches)

7. Nathan Hauritz: 63 (58 matches)

=8. Greg Matthews: 57 (59 matches)

=8. Michael Clarke: 57 (245 matches)

9. Xavier Doherty: 55 (60 matches)

10. Darren Lehmann: 52 (117 matches)

For what it's worth, I still rate Hoggy a better bowler than Zampa.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
We’re still a fair but behind and I’m a huge optimist, these two make it to 40th over and maybe we will get close to being ahead
Hazlewood has 4 overs and other bowlers have been toothless. If NZ play that well then they are winning but we all know you kiwis like to choke against Aussies.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah I don't see him at the next world cup at all. Don't know who the best replacement will be but let's pick that up some time in 2026 when we next play some serious ODIs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Adam Zampa now moves into 2nd spot for most wickets taken by an Australian spinner in One Day Internationals, overtaking Brad Hogg.

1. Shane Warne: 293 (194 matches)

2. Adam Zampa: 157 (91 matches)

3. Brad Hogg: 156 (123 matches)

4. Peter Taylor: 97 (83 matches)

5. Allan Border: 73 (273 matches)

6. Glen Maxwell: 67 (134 matches)

7. Nathan Hauritz: 63 (58 matches)

=8. Greg Matthews: 57 (59 matches)

=8. Michael Clarke: 57 (245 matches)

9. Xavier Doherty: 55 (60 matches)

10. Darren Lehmann: 52 (117 matches)

For what it's worth, I still rate Hoggy a better bowler than Zampa.
Yeah Hogg maybe a tad better but still a good find