• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
We also lack depth in spin bowling - would love to see someone emerge that *could* play for NZ in a few years. I don't know who is even a genuine candidate other than Ashok. So Ashok plus one more pls.

It's all about teh bowlers.
Like Pringle to fill the left-arm spot post-Ajaz.

The main guy I want to see do well is Rippon. I know he gets whacked, & he's a bit yips-prone, but with Macewell out of the Test side for a while, I'd rather see him at No.7 than Ravindra, although I could understand if Phillips gets the call up ahead of him.

thierry henry

International Coach
Ollie White scores 10 for Otago XI thus guaranteeing his place in the team for this season. Jamal Todd opening for Otago. Seem to recall he’s been one of the more consistent age group batsmen over the last couple of seasons
Jamal Todd, son and nephew (I think) of a couple of Waitakere CC legends including former FC cricketer Keeley Todd.

Also part of the elite group of first class and international cricketers who I've played indoor cricket against.

(Pretty sure I'm repeating myself here but I'm duty-bound to mention my connection to any past or present cricketers whenever the opportunity arises)

ataraxia

International Coach
Let's get them all up.

1697677901053.png

Sunde ahead of Briggs but he'll probs miss out. One spinner; only five bowlers in the squad + Harrison. Allen to score some runs? One can only hope. Playing:

1697678250858.png

Sounds like Field's almost recovered but not quite. Pretty much as expected, but will be interesting to see who starts out of Heaphy and Boyle (or maybe both). Neither Clark nor Small as the all-rounder spots are stacked.

1697678441512.png

No Popli, which unless he's injured is a seriously bad call – averaged 63 last season and 44 the two beforehand. KD Clarke and effective debutant S Patel (though he'll probably miss out) instead. Fisher's first game in a year. Wagz. Playing:

1697678745272.png

Rutherford and Muller unavailable for selection. Sounds like Foxcroft will be full-time captain. Bacon/McKay preferred to Hazeldine. Georgeson will probs play and open ahead of Todd. Lockrose now full-time spinner.

1697679043541.png

Canterbury plagued by unavailabilities: Shipley, O'Rourke, Mariu, Davey, McClure. Bowes isn't listed as unavailable, perhaps he's going white-ball only? Nicholls has gone missing as well. Of the two newbies, Russell's one in the endless line of Canterbury mediums and Hunter seems to be a batter from Aussie, Hunter being the one to probably debut. It's McKenzie and Sheat who are to medium-pace dismantle Wellington for 100, it seems, but Rae and Nuttall will leak a good few runs.

Can't find the Wellington squad.

Athlai

Not Terrible
M Hay (CANT) - in the 12 as keeper
Conway (NZ) - WC
G Hay (CD) - captaining is a good sign
Popli (ND) - bugger
Seifert (ND) (+) - in the 12
Clarke (ND) - in the 12
Santner (NZ) - WC
Sodhi (NZ) - WC
Ferns (AKL) - in the 12