• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #14- Australia vs Sri Lanka- October 16th-Lucknow- #BottomDwellers

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think there's a real danger of analysis paralysis in terms of preparation and what have you.

This team just isn't that good, particularly in these conditions. They've played a little worse than they actually are, but they were always going to be upper mid table at best IMO. India are just better than them and while I expected them to beat SA I thought it was a 60/40 game so not exactly the upset of the century.

If they actually lose here I'll be much more surprised by it all. But I expected 3rd to 6th, and losing to the favourites and another mid table side doesn't need a Royal Commission into where it all went wrong.
I really think one of the big issues with this side, especially in these conditions, is they have to play Cummins because he’s skipper when he isn’t very flash at all as a LO bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really think one of the big issues with this side, especially in these conditions, is they have to play Cummins because he’s skipper when he isn’t very flash at all as a LO bowler.
I wonder if he's completed his counselling yet.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. He shouldn't be a walk-up start in the XI but if he doesn't play it'll be worse because he's captain and it gives the worst kind of person ammo. Really, he probably has to step down as ODI captain after this World Cup (and I suspect he will).

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I think there's a real danger of analysis paralysis in terms of preparation and what have you.

This team just isn't that good, particularly in these conditions. They've played a little worse than they actually are, but they were always going to be upper mid table at best IMO. India are just better than them and while I expected them to beat SA I thought it was a 60/40 game so not exactly the upset of the century.

If they actually lose here I'll be much more surprised by it all. But I expected 3rd to 6th, and losing to the favourites and another mid table side doesn't need a Royal Commission into where it all went wrong.
I think there'll be an examination of having Cummins be captain in all 3 formats; a massive ask for a pace bowler in a year like this, not surprising he's looking mentally exhausted. And that's not even factoring in the personal tragedy he's had to deal with this year.

King Kane

International Debutant
Hahahaha the lbw was hitting. Thought it looked good live

On cue, comms talk about the review not the junk umpiring. Drs is the greatest get out of gaol free card ever invented for umpires
Looked like it may have been missing leg to me and the Aussies can't afford to risk another review after blowing that early review off Starc.

At best it was probably umpire's call so not the worth the risk of reviewing it.

DriveClub

International Regular
That's why it's a big risk appointing one captain for all formats

Gob

International Coach
Looked like it may have been missing leg to me and the Aussies can't afford to risk another review after blowing that early review off Starc.

At best it was probably umpire's call so not the worth the risk of reviewing it.
It was 3 reds and looked like that because Perrera was long way across and hitting the back leg

Wilson is ****

loterry1994

International Debutant
His been getting Smashed in the middles overs since 2020. He use to be way better

Qlder

International Debutant
I think there'll be an examination of having Cummins be captain in all 3 formats; a massive ask for a pace bowler in a year like this, not surprising he's looking mentally exhausted.
Mitch Marsh is T20i captain not Cummins, so he's 2 format captain even though he shouldn't be in ODI XI except as back-up

Sunil1z

International Regular
Australia in 2019 WC were carried by Starc and Warner. Both of these guys being out of form at the same time has resulted in Australia looking toothless

King Kane

International Debutant
It was 3 reds and looked like that because Perrera was long way across and hitting the back leg

Wilson is ****
Wilson is **** but that was far from his worst call, surprised there was 3 reds for that tbh, I thought there was enough doubt for him to knock it back.