• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #14- Australia vs Sri Lanka- October 16th-Lucknow- #BottomDwellers

Spark

Global Moderator
They conceded some big scores against SA earlier in the year, on flat pitches they struggle to stem the flow. It's not as big a surprise to England fans who feared the worst but hoped for better.
Ah well you see half of the time I barely even know that non-WC ODIs exist for my own team let alone neutral ones

But England ODI bowling was never great, they just used to bully teams with their batting and contain with their bowling
Strong argument that the bowling won them 2019 rather than the batting

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Going to sound weird but that wide down leg from Maxwell was actually really well bowled. Cross seamer that went straight on and actually did the bloke on the inside edge. If it was actually accurate he was gone.

Then dropped next ball.

Molehill

International Captain
Australia went through the 2003/2007 WC undefeated just a couple of months after an Ashes series.

Probably having an away Ashes, India tour and WTC final has made the side take their eyes off the ball in terms of WC preparation.
It was a home Ashes for Australia then, and frankly they were a much better team. I do think they look worn out a bit here after a long period on the road.

DriveClub

International Regular
Ah well you see half of the time I barely even know that non-WC ODIs exist for my own team let alone neutral ones

Strong argument that the bowling won them 2019 rather than the batting
I'd say it was mainly Archer and Plunkett who were really clutch in 2019

loterry1994

International Debutant
Bet Aus management didn’t even think Maxwell was bowling 5 overs most games. Now looks like he needs to bowl 10 every game

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia went through the 2003/2007 WC undefeated just a couple of months after an Ashes series.

Probably having an away Ashes, India tour and WTC final has made the side take their eyes off the ball in terms of WC preparation.
I think there's a real danger of analysis paralysis in terms of preparation and what have you.

This team just isn't that good, particularly in these conditions. They've played a little worse than they actually are, but they were always going to be upper mid table at best IMO. India are just better than them and while I expected them to beat SA I thought it was a 60/40 game so not exactly the upset of the century.

If they actually lose here I'll be much more surprised by it all. But I expected 3rd to 6th, and losing to the favourites and another mid table side doesn't need a Royal Commission into where it all went wrong.

DriveClub

International Regular
I think I don't enjoy the 2 paced nature of ODIs anymore. Either start hitting from the get go like t20s or bat each ball on its merit like tests.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahahaha the lbw was hitting. Thought it looked good live

On cue, comms talk about the review not the junk umpiring. Drs is the greatest get out of gaol free card ever invented for umpires