• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

Spark

Global Moderator
I get that, but Australians are generally quite lucky with the success of their National Teams. It's not like you've ever had England Cricket in the 90's. Even when cricket was rubbish in the 80's, Aus still managed to win a World Cup. It's interesting that as success has waned in rugby, the Aussie interest has fallen off a cliff. What happens if the cricket team turns to ****?
None of this has anything to do with luck and to suggest so reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes national sporting teams successful. Hint: it's to do with governance, investment, and priorities. Cricket Australia is by no means a perfect or praiseworthy organisation but it is orders of magnitude better than the radioactive disaster zone that is Rugby Australia.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah it’s on 9 but you only get Australia games. Foxtel use to have all the European tours and comps, South American tours, super rugby etc and they lost that this year to Stan which is even a bigger blow. Channel 9s coverage of the World Cup currently is terrible
In England, apart from the 6 Nations, everything is on PPV too. And I'm not talking about Sky either.

loterry1994

International Debutant
In England, apart from the 6 Nations, everything is on PPV too. And I'm not talking about Sky either.
Yeah I mean we do have some good coverage of sports here that’s free for a lot of sports. We don’t have many channels either. Rugby just dying here from coverage to people that can play the game.

Spark

Global Moderator
Starc has really become such a dreadful fielder in the last year. Drops so many catches in the deep.

Molehill

International Captain
None of this has anything to do with luck and to suggest so reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes national sporting teams successful. Hint: it's to do with governance, investment, and priorities. Cricket Australia is by no means a perfect or praiseworthy organisation but it is orders of magnitude better than the radioactive disaster zone that is Rugby Australia.
I never mentioned luck. But instead of supporting a sport which is going through its struggles, Aussies have deserted it. Wanting your own team to lose is just weird.

And back to cricket, how many drops is that now?

Molehill

International Captain
****ing hell, this is hilarious!! Watch out lads, they'll be sticking you in the rugby bin if you carry on like this!!