• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m talking about Aus main spinner in odis the last few years in Zampa who is struggling more than usual. Agar whatever people say was very important to this line up, his been good in odis and t20s for Aus the last year plus his handy with the bat and a gun fielder. Now we have a few injuries before the tournament starts and we’re uncertain about our staring 11 and our balance isn’t as good that’s why Agar is important same so Travis ahead is.
Agar (and Stoinis) shouldn’t be anywhere near the team

loterry1994

International Debutant
No I can tell you pretty safely that virtually no one here cares about rugby union any more. And I say that out of sadness given that it was my first sport to follow, well before cricket.
Super Rugby is dead there’s still interest in international rugby when it’s on but still not as popular as it use to be. Doesn’t help that most of the rugby is on streaming services these days also like Stan sports also

Molehill

International Captain
No I can tell you pretty safely that virtually no one here cares about rugby union any more. And I say that out of sadness given that it was my first sport to follow, well before cricket.
Easier to support a team when its winning?

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah man Australians are the only people in the world to prefer to watch their teams be successful rather than lurch from mediocrity to worse mediocrity. Nailed it.

EDIT: But this doesn't even cover it as my team, the Brumbies, have been doing pretty well in the last ten years. I just don't care any more.

Super Rugby is dead there’s still interest in international rugby when it’s on but still not as popular as it use to be. Doesn’t help that most of the rugby is on streaming services these days also like Stan sports also
I honestly forgot constantly that Rugby is on Stan (and thus I guess Ch9?). Last time I watched it with any regularity was when the internationals were on Ten and SR was on Fox. Would have been 2017.

loterry1994

International Debutant
That’s maybe a little to do with it. But the way they bring players into the sport these days certainly hurts a lot. You pretty much have to be on the richer end to get a chance to play this sport here. Plus Rugby isn’t shown as much on our main tv stations anymore it’s pretty much all bought out by a streaming service. while cricket, Rugby league, Aussie rules is way more accessible

Molehill

International Captain
Back to the cricket, I really don't like seeing all rounders ducking bouncers in the last 5 overs - Curran was doing it for England, now Jansen too.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Won’t be the thing that costs them the game but Haze bowling out ahead of a Starc is a choice

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yeah man Australians are the only people in the world to prefer to watch their teams be successful rather than lurch from mediocrity to worse mediocrity. Nailed it.

EDIT: But this doesn't even cover it as my team, the Brumbies, have been doing pretty well in the last ten years. I just don't care any more.

I honestly forgot constantly that Rugby is on Stan (and thus I guess Ch9?). Last time I watched it with any regularity was when the internationals were on Ten and SR was on Fox. Would have been 2017.
Yeah it’s on 9 but you only get Australia games. Foxtel use to have all the European tours and comps, South American tours, super rugby etc and they lost that this year to Stan which is even a bigger blow. Channel 9s coverage of the World Cup currently is terrible

Molehill

International Captain
I get that, but Australians are generally quite lucky with the success of their National Teams. It's not like you've ever had England Cricket in the 90's. Even when cricket was rubbish in the 80's, Aus still managed to win a World Cup. It's interesting that as success has waned in rugby, the Aussie interest has fallen off a cliff. What happens if the cricket team turns to ****?