• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

Socerer 01

International Captain
Jansen's a bit of an odd case. The general feeling would be that he's one position too high at 7, and yet it seems to be working? He's got an average of 37 and a strike rate of 121, although it's only from 10 matches and that's a bit too small a sample size to make a proper assessment.
he passes the eye test also

Dendarii

International Debutant
Jansen is an underrated batsman, he looks a bit ungainly but he can still be quite effective.
Jarrod Kimber described him as a giant praying mantis, which is a description I'd go along with.

I think South Africa are trying a bit too hard to turn him into an all-rounder, but there is at least something there to work with. And I guess he's benefitted from having a very strong top six ahead of him, which gives him a bit of a licence to swing at everything.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Jarrod Kimber described him as a giant praying mantis, which is a description I'd go along with.

I think South Africa are trying a bit too hard to turn him into an all-rounder, but there is at least something there to work with. And I guess he's benefitted from having a very strong top six ahead of him, which gives him a bit of a licence to swing at everything.
I think you can get away with it for sure in T20s and maybe in ODIs. I hate when he is at 7 in a Test.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bootlicker confirming my observations about his keeping thus far. Good signs for Zampa that over though.

lol his gloves didn’t even move towards the ball there. Was a tough one but he wasn’t in the same postcode

King Kane

International Debutant
Inglis dropping a chance and then having a laugh about it.

What happened to the old ruthless Aussies that hated to lose? These guys don't seem to give a ****.

loterry1994

International Debutant
i hate how it's now powerplay one, powerplay two and powerplay three
if it's all powerplay then it's never powerplay
I agree the bowlers already have it harder on flatter pitches. Then you got wides and free hits that aren’t a big margin as well as over rate penalties now . I’d take out the last 10 overs power play for sure