• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match #10 — Australia Vs South Africa Oct 12th, Lucknow

loterry1994

International Debutant
Lol Gazza wanting to fly to India to play the World Cup guys in a suit back in the studio in Aus covering the cricket for us

Molehill

International Captain
It's a relaid surface. So this is another high scoring match
That's not what Hayden is predicting, reckon it's going to be tacky and not easy. Probably a good toss to win, although lack of spin options could be an issue.

King Kane

International Debutant
Should hopefully be a good game, pressure on the Aussies, if they lose this they aren't out of it but it will make it tough for them to make the semis.

Qlder

International Debutant
Carey and Green replaced by Inglis and Stoinis. Blah either way but hope Inglis steps up to get rid of Carey from all white ball cricket

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's going to be great when we get to the semi finals of this world cup sometime in the winter of 2025.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's a long... long tail from SA.
I'm surprised Maharaj averages only 12 with the bat in ODI cricket. I thought he was a passable batsman and would be fine where he's listed at 8 today, but that's a terrible average.

edit: although 32 matches he's only batted 15 times, so perhaps it's too few innings to draw conclusions.

StephenZA

I'm surprised Maharaj averages only 12 with the bat in ODI cricket. I thought he was a passable batsman and would be fine where he's listed at 8 today, but that's a terrible average.

edit: although 32 matches he's only batted 15 times, so perhaps it's too few innings to draw conclusions.
With Jansen/Maharaj and Coetzee at 7/8/9 you have 3 number 8s... dropping Coetzee for a number 11 in Shamsi just makes it that little bit longer. Unless you believe in the Rabada batting myth!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t mind Carey missing for the the bootlicker here. He’s been in bad form for a while and Inglis is the sort of bloke whose game is more likely to give us some sort of score at a rate of 120 or so in the middle order if the match situation calls for it

Though Carey would have caught that 👀

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I know Lyon hasn't played ODI in recent times but he's a quality spinner and with The Aussies struggling in the spin department, should he not have been in the frame.

Son Of Coco

According to the knowledgable Australian netizens that frequent many social media sites, Cummins (or Captain Carbon) is responsible for us not having a front sponsor on our shirts.

Not sure how he managed to get the front sponsor removed from every teams' shirt, but I am sure the daft ****s must be right.

King Kane

International Debutant
A slow start for SA but at least they haven't lost any wickets yet.

They can make up for a slow start at the back end with wickets in hand.