• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If your team don’t win it, who would you like to?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Obviously an entirely hypothetical question given England will win, but for me if they didn’t I think I’d root for Pakistan

I love Shaheen, and they’re just something endearing about Pakistan on song isn’t there? I loved their 09 T20 win over here.

Obviously the counter to this is I don’t wish to see @trundler have any joy, but.

Marius

International Debutant
Obviously an entirely hypothetical question given England will win, but for me if they didn’t I think I’d root for Pakistan

I love Shaheen, and they’re just something endearing about Pakistan on song isn’t there? I loved their 09 T20 win over here.

Obviously the counter to this is I don’t wish to see @trundler have any joy, but.
Pakistan is probably my second team too, I suppose.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Look I'm south african and would give anything for us to finally shake the choker tag and lift a trophy however unlikely.... That being said, used to like India untill Kholi antics and accusations here in SA so Sri Lanka or Bangladesh in that order.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Look I'm south african and would give anything for us to finally shake the choker tag and lift a trophy however unlikely.... That being said, used to like India untill Kholi antics and accusations here in SA so Sri Lanka or Bangladesh in that order.
What accusations?

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
What accusations?

Was a big fan of the Indian team and Kholi, mostly due to his friendship with ABD but this soured it for me and done with it since the

Flem274*

123/5
Sri Lanka. Would be good to see them step out of the shadow at Indias cup.

South Africa for conquering their spin demons reasons too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Netherlands would be great, though Mrs Burgey does a lot of work with the Dutch through her work and a lot of them are pains in the arse, though that might be because they're solution architects (lol) and other IT freaks rather than because they're Dutch. Or it might be both. An interesting subject for further study.

Other than them, NZ would be cool. Been consistent for a long time at these tourneys and to see them win it would be great. SL I'm ambivalent about. As a nation and a team. Be good for the country after what they've been through recently, but the thought of Migara being happy is a bad one, though tbh it's unlikely he ever will be anyway. SA losing the chokers tag would be bad for cricket.

The 'ghan is superficially attractive, but let's be honest it would be a shot in the arm to the Taliban, so **** that. Bangladesh are a joke and deserve nothing for prepping the decks they do when they host tours. Pakistan winning in India would be flat out hilarious but given what bad sports non-CW Indian fans are, there will be riots, effigies burnt etc etc and people would get hurt (see also 1996 semi final vs SL). I tipped India to win in the predictions thread but few want to actually see that happen - no one likes to see new-monied trash rewarded. And of course, no decent person wants England to win. Ireland is England-lite.

So that leaves Australia as the only team worth supporting I guess.