• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dharmasena will make 4 shockers this game to make up for that 1 right decision

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
They started selling out tickets just before 40 days. What a farce.
Good point, I was planning on heading over for some games, but the fact they were still messing around with the schedule a month before made it impossible.

I don't think there'll be many international tours going on, flights are too expensive at that late notice.

Athlai

Not Terrible
A rematch between the finalists at the last WC, opening game....and nobody except a few NZ and England fans and the groundsmans family show up.

Dreadfully embarrassing stuff, obviously tickets are way, way overpriced - or more likely 'cricket' as we know it is dead in India, and only T20 and India matches will draw anyone. When people said - and still say - that T20 will kill cricket this was exactly what they meant. Which is a tragedy because India was known for it's passion for cricket. T20 may be something that grew out of cricket but it isn't the genuinely fair contest between bat and ball that authentic cricket should be.
Storm cloud is here

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I've got the tv on mute while I work, but it'd be interesting to know if they make any mention of the (lack of) crowd on commentary.

Molehill

International Captain
Such a shame that it’s a neutral game picked first for this massive stadium- premier tournament of the sport and it’s practically empty.

Anyone know what the ticket pricing was like locally?
Neutral game, but a repeat of the last Final. It ought to have got a decent turnout.

Shifting teams around for every game doesn't exactly make it easy for travelling fans to watch either.

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Been impressed with Henry whenever I've seen him this year. Was so good in the Blast, tough to get away, will get movement if it's there and takes wickets. Quality bowler.

thierry henry

International Coach
Boult was getting exaggerated swing in the warm ups but nothing so far. Pace on the radar (faked) is ok but looks floaty.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Been impressed with Henry whenever I've seen him this year. Was so good in the Blast, tough to get away, will get movement if it's there and takes wickets. Quality bowler.
Yeah he definitely looked the most threatening bowler in the warmups. Lot depends on him and Boult in this world cup, and how the captain uses them.