• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I the only person who thinks while England's batting line up remains strong and deep that their bowling is nothing more than ordinary?

NZ to win this first game, and England to struggle against the likes of India, Pakistan, Australia & South Africa thereafter.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am I the only person who thinks while England's batting line up remains strong and deep that their bowling is nothing more than ordinary?
It’s a fairly common opinion. Not sure I’d go as far as ‘ordinary’ but it’s not the best attack in the competition or anything.

We are a tier ahead of NZ and South Africa, Aus I’m not sure on.

Molehill

International Captain

NZ to win this first game, and England to struggle against the likes of India, Pakistan, Australia & South Africa thereafter.
I mean you can say that, but the last 3 games in England saw them give NZ 3 pretty resounding beatings......and that was without Wood. The bookies have England 4-9 to win this.

I'd be surprised if the winner of this game didn't make the semi finals.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Typically I'm in the office for a meeting for this one until the early afternoon.

May catch the end of the second innings I hope.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm fuming that they are starting the WC on my 'Anchor Day' i.e. I am in the office.

Can't wait for Oz V India Sunday though. Am currently working through my excuses to get out of birthday meal for Mother in Law accordingly

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
Ben Stokes likely to miss the opening match of World Cup tomorrow against New Zealand.
Harry Brook could play if Stokes misses out

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
That's Bairstow, Stokes, Williamson, Southee with niggles for this game. And the world cup has not even started.
Would be awkward for England if Stokes and Bairstow are both ruled out. They only have one spare batsman in the squad (Brook). Would mean playing something like

Brook
Malan
Root
Buttler
Livingstone
Ali
SCurran
Woakes
Willey
Wood
Rashid

Which bats deep ...just not particularly well.