• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - Wales, Australia, Fiji, Georgia, Portugal

Who will qualify from the group?

• Wales

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty much ever since professionalism began, a high proportion clubs have been overpaying players relative to their incomes. This is not of course unique to rugby union however the sport lacks the quasi-mutualistic central distribution model of cricket or the steady stream of publicity-hungry businessmen (and now sovereign wealth funds) which underpin football.
Twiggy Forrest is one of the world’s wealthiest men and he offered to bankroll RA

The brains trust knocked him back :laugh:

Ali TT

International Regular
I know they're only minnows but that was probably the worst use of a man advantage I've ever seen there by Georgia. Ended up with a try for Fiji.

Niall

International Coach
Enjoyed that match even though the standard was pretty low. Georgia butchered way to much when they were ahead so no sympathy for them.

Fiji will have to step it up massively against England obviously.

Ali TT

International Regular
Fiji do what's needed in the end and would hope that they'll be better against Portugal to secure their QF place.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fiji do what's needed in the end and would hope that they'll be better against Portugal to secure their QF place.
Fiji could actually lose to Portugal and still go through since they have the head to head against Australia. But yeah.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If my reading is correct a losing bonus (or a 4 try one in a heavier defeat) is all Fidge need to guarantee a quarter vs us?

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Phew that was rather uncomfortable, but we found a way to win..Need to play more freely I feel, it's far to tense play from Fiji

Howe_zat

Audio File
If my reading is correct a losing bonus (or a 4 try one in a heavier defeat) is all Fidge need to guarantee a quarter vs us?
Yeah they need one point if Australia get five, and are through with a game to spare if Aus miss the bonus point win.

Niall

International Coach
Not sure how Australia avoided a red in that game also either tbf. Portugal on the wrong side of a few calls their for sure.

Portugal won't beat Fiji but that should be a fun little match nonetheless.

Fair to say the best of the minnows IMO.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Enjoyed that match even though the standard was pretty low. Georgia butchered way to much when they were ahead so no sympathy for them.
To be fair, Georgia got shafted on that forward pass ruling. I don't think I've watched a game in the RWC so far where a pass at least as flat as that wasn't waved through.

Molehill

International Captain
Not sure how Australia avoided a red in that game also either tbf. Portugal on the wrong side of a few calls their for sure.

Portugal won't beat Fiji but that should be a fun little match nonetheless.

Fair to say the best of the minnows IMO.
If all the minnows could pay like Portugal, I'd have no issue with them being there. But they haven't....

I like the fact that Australia are basically out, but they have to hang around in France for another week to get it confirmed.