• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - Wales, Australia, Fiji, Georgia, Portugal

Who will qualify from the group?

• Wales

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So unless Scotland beats Ireland to allow SA to win the group, all 4 pools will be topped by northern hemisphere teams!

The power balance has definitely shifted.

the big bambino

International Captain
Looks like Eddie’s reign of error will end soon. Tbt I feel sorry for him being hoodwinked into coaching a team of incompetents who probably have little regard for the jersey anyway.

rugby Australia is truly the most bizarrely awful administration I’ve ever loathed. That a sporting body could so misrepresent their game that it turns loyal supporters into actively hating their own team is something you wouldn’t think possible. That is where I am with this team. I hate them and I’m pleased to see the wallabies humiliated. Long may it continue.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Q.
Is Jamieson Park, Anscombe, Aki a better 9-10-12 axis under big game pressure than anything NZ can pick?

Also Gatland seems a lot astute than his old provincial team mate Foster.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I don't think it's a lack of effort from the Australians, Donaldson performance summed up their team. In the first half for every good bit of rugby he played he then made a couple of mistakes. They can't attack 3 phases together without dropping or throwing the ball away and can't defend 3 phases without conceding a penalty. There is no team cohesion.

ripper868

International Coach
Tbh i wish it was lack of effort. As it is, we are just lacking the cattle.

Good thing we drew Fiji and Wales for the pool phase, if we had to play any of the actually good teams we'd of been blown away by 50.

ripper868

International Coach
And just to make sure we make sure we are ****, Carter kicks a penalty kick dead in goal instead of hitting any of the 100m of sideline available.

Don't think I've seen such **** execution of basics at a professional level ever.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
And just to make sure we make sure we are ****, Carter kicks a penalty kick dead in goal instead of hitting any of the 100m of sideline available.

Don't think I've seen such **** execution of basics at a professional level ever.
That was a ****ing hilarious capper to a wonderful evening watching Australia be utterly incompetent.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think it's a lack of effort from the Australians, Donaldson performance summed up their team. In the first half for every good bit of rugby he played he then made a couple of mistakes. They can't attack 3 phases together without dropping or throwing the ball away and can't defend 3 phases without conceding a penalty. There is no team cohesion.
Donaldson isn’t a regular starter for his Super Rugby team

Team Is amateur hour

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez. Getting very ugly now.

Never thought I'd feel sorry for an Australian sporting team, but here it is.
Nope

RA brought this on themselves

It’s literally been 2 decades of appalling mismanagement and it’s driven the game into the ground

Tom Flint

International Regular
Do a lot of the players grow up playing other codes then take up union as an adult.
To me it looks as if they aren't all natural union players

ripper868

International Coach
For anyone wanting to stick the boot in to Aus rugby, go for it. You can't hurt what is so very obviously already dead.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I mean, when a squad's second choice stand off is a full back by trade, one would assume they're screwed for options, but there's Noah Lolesio, Bernie Foley and Quade Cooper all cooling their heels at home, so, y'know, WTF?

ripper868

International Coach
I mean, when a squad's second choice stand off is a full back by trade, one would assume they're screwed for options, but there's Noah Lolesio, Bernie Foley and Quade Cooper all cooling their heels at home, so, y'know, WTF?
Eddie knows what hes doing mate, we just have to trust the process.

Hopefully that process is ****ing everyone currently involved in the administration (and Eddie) of the game into the sun.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
That was one of the worst all round performances I've ever seen . Not much else to say and I don't think there can be a single positive take away from how they played