• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - Wales, Australia, Fiji, Georgia, Portugal

Who will qualify from the group?

• Wales

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ali TT

International Regular
Well. That turning down 3 points and gifting a lineout in own 22 is just so Wallaby
That was the worst minute of rugby I reckon I've ever seen. Give up the 3, go for touch and all but kick it backwards, complete feck up at the line-out, no chase back, and then give up 3 down your own end.

ripper868

International Coach
kinda is. I dont see where we score points. yet alone 4 tries as we need a BP - no BP win means Wales only need a BP vs Georgia.

Aus need to win by more than 7 for any real hope.

Ali TT

International Regular
One can never rule out a Welsh capitulation against the Aussies when within touching distance of a victory.

ripper868

International Coach
Call me crazy, but i vaguely recall that if a maul was held up from a kick-off it was the catching teams ball. Maybe I'm wrong though.

But great ****ing start that is.

ripper868

International Coach
(h) Scrum after a maul when catcher is held. If a player catches the ball direct from an opponent’s kick, except from a kick-off or a drop-out, and the player is immediately held by an opponent, a maul may form. Then if the maul remains stationary, stops moving forward for longer than 5 seconds, or if the ball becomes unplayable, and a scrum is ordered, the team of the ball catcher throws in the ball.

Never mind, it's from in play kicks, kick-offs it seem function like any other maul. I think.

Ali TT

International Regular
Call me crazy, but i vaguely recall that if a maul was held up from a kick-off it was the catching teams ball. Maybe I'm wrong though.

But great ****ing start that is.
Barnes under instruction to put everyone out of their misery by getting Australia eliminated as quickly as possible?

ripper868

International Coach
Barnes under instruction to put everyone out of their misery by getting Australia eliminated as quickly as possible?
Nah, as you can see from us being unable to execute a lineout, a somewhat core mechanic of the game, Wayne doesn't need to help us out here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eddie will be the scapegoat & he deserves a lot of blame but there’s no escaping the fact that RA is arguably the most incompetent sporting body in the world

Given that the team is nowhere near good enough, elimination wouldn’t bother me if there was actually a prospect of meaningful structural change to the game here

Unfortunately, that won’t be the case

RA Chairman revealed his vision for the future during the week and it was completely divorced from reality

btw, Donaldson is terrible & should have been dragged about 20 minutes ago

Ali TT

International Regular
Wales, like England, have at least found some degree of competence in the tournament, which looked unlikely a month ago.

This is embarrassing from Australia though. Never seen one of the big three SH countries so poor.