• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
OK, I take it all back about the squad we brought here. Well done, Gary. This is a waste of time on these pitches. They very likely knew we were going to get the same BS decks so Bangladesh can feel good about beating a major nation at home, but not at all prepare to do decently in a World Cup or in foreign conditions.
Yeah I also now see why Sky didn’t bother to buy the tv rights haha. It’s that awful t20 series all over again.

Hopefully the test pitches have a bit more life in them.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I mean this is good practice for guys who will probably play the test series (Nicholls ugh, blundell, Jamieson, Sodhi and possibly Ravindra)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I know they won't try Ravindra in the top order but surely Foxcroft would be a better 3 than Bowes as well as a handy offie.
Totally. I feel like they told Bowes to bat as if he was opening still and got the same results.

Would've been good to see Foxcroft to get a tryout but probably though Gametime in Australia would be better than sending him over there.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
is there a problem in NZ cricket which can't be solved by Mitchell or Blundell?
Said it quite a few times in the lead up to picking the WC squad, but Blundell should be there (List A stats notwithstanding). Dependable backup option with the bat, and without him there’s no reliable keeper if Latham gets injured.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Said it quite a few times in the lead up to picking the WC squad, but Blundell should be there (List A stats notwithstanding). Dependable backup option with the bat, and without him there’s no reliable keeper if Latham gets injured.
I wouldn't like Conway or Phillips (not sure when he last kept and arguably the world's best fielder) keeping in a key match.