• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's only really Conway & Wagner of note tbf, the only other 2 significant SA born NZ players we've had, B J Watling and Glenn Phillips both moved to New Zealand before the age of 10 and in Phillips' case aged 4 from memory so they're Kiwis through and through for mine.
Grant Elliott?

Definitely agree with the broader point though. There is a huge difference between those who come to another country young and play for them, and those who move later on in life for pretty much exclusively cricketing reasons.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Grant Elliott?

Definitely agree with the broader point though. There is a huge difference between those who come to another country young and play for them, and those who move later on in life for pretty much exclusively cricketing reasons.
I forgot about Elliott, and fair call since he was the one who broke African hearts in 2015 even if he couldn't play Tests for jam.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's the South African Tax I guess , NZ have had great success with SA born players in the recent past.
I'd say it's just form and tbh lack of white ball openers without turning back to Guptill or Worker (who would be a better fill in than Bowes).

They could've given Solia a gig I guess.

NZTailender

That said, always enjoy watching the fizz bowl. Feels like yesterday he was making his dayboo

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
OK, I take it all back about the squad we brought here. Well done, Gary. This is a waste of time on these pitches. They very likely knew we were going to get the same BS decks so Bangladesh can feel good about beating a major nation at home, but not at all prepare to do decently in a World Cup or in foreign conditions.

NZTailender

Having said that, would it kill Chad Bowes to try and play an innings
He's so bizarre. If you bowl an over to him he will look ****house for 5 out of the 6, but the 6th he'll play a sublime textbook cricketing shot which may trick you into thinking he's a serious batsmen. But you gotta remember the other 5.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He's so bizarre. If you bowl an over to him he will look ****house for 5 out of the 6, but the 6th he'll play a sublime textbook cricketing shot which may trick you into thinking he's a serious batsmen. But you gotta remember the other 5.
He does look ****house...but it's his shot selection. It's diabolical. If I was playing for NZ and wasn't for much longer, I'd look to bat as long as I could, like Young did last time out. But Bowes wants to pump every 2nd ball

NZTailender

He does look ****house...but it's his shot selection. It's diabolical. If I was playing for NZ and wasn't for much longer, I'd look to bat as long as I could, like Young did last time out. But Bowes wants to pump every 2nd ball
Shades of Lou Vincent. Has all the shots in the book but would open the book to the wrong page when the ball was on the way.

NZTailender

All that said, I don't think the Bangladeshi seamers have done much wrong. Allan Donald is their bowling coach after all.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
OK, I take it all back about the squad we brought here. Well done, Gary. This is a waste of time on these pitches. They very likely knew we were going to get the same BS decks so Bangladesh can feel good about beating a major nation at home, but not at all prepare to do decently in a World Cup or in foreign conditions.
Alternative take - we should move the next T20 World Cup to these Bangla pitches - I want to see a whole tournament where 110 is a winning score and Ajaz Patel is the best bowler.