• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Bangladesh 2023/24

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
123/5. I've missed you.

In the good old days Harris and one other would get us to respectability and we'd somehow win against quality batting lineups.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
WTF makes Athar think yelling for no reason is a good idea? It's 33 overs into the first dig and he's already hoarse, the stupid ****.

Socerer 01

International Captain
As this opinion piece points out, it's not an uncommon view in Bangladesh (and probably also in its neighbouring countries) so the backlash about it is a bit awkward.

FWIW we have some of the highest rates of female workforce participation in the developing world. It's been one of the country's achievements.

his words are too misogynistic even by subcontinental standards for the present year

its also dumb that he made such comments when the society is dependent on women working and being underpaid while also managing the household

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
As I was saying, this pitch gives NZ no chance.
I dont know why they make such pitches in lois when NZ and Aus visit. We win easily on these pitches and then go **** in the world tournaments when it matter. The same thing happened before T20 WC. We won series against Australia and NZ in these pitches then we did bad in the WC. The pattern seems same here.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I dont know why they make such pitches in lois when NZ and Aus visit. We win easily on these pitches and then go **** in the world tournaments when it matter. The same thing happened before T20 WC. We won series against Australia and NZ in these pitches then we did bad in the WC. The pattern seems same here.
Nothing wrong with a pitch that takes spin , there was some beautiful spin bowling from Nasum Ahmed earlier it was entertaining.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing wrong with a pitch that takes spin , there was some beautiful spin bowling from Nasum Ahmed earlier it was entertaining.
I dont mind spinning pitch but these pitches just stay low as well. If we are looking for WC preparations then I think these are not ideally suited. I just read that there are some interesting guidelines for making pitches in this WC ie ICC asked to leave more grass on the pitches due heavy dew factor in the month of October. If thats the case then we needed different types of pitches for our preparation.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Surely we can come up with better players in even our reserves than chad bowes? sheesh he's horrendous but has gotten games all year

ataraxia

International Coach
Bowes is awful. Mediocre domestic bat elevated to playing for NZ after some good form and very domestix-level boshing. His name flashed up on the selectors' spreadsheet the day he turned 30, in the special prioritised box labelled CANTERBURY, so the selectors paid attention to him and then he had a good season. It's like if Leo Carter hit a purple patch in a couple of years and was selected for NZ for a year. Completely senseless.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pfft, rain saves Bangers once again.

Surely NZ can muster up a better middle order in the next game than Bowes, Nicholls & Blundell or is that the best we have over there?

_Ed_

This series might have been a nice chance to give Clarkson some long-overdue game time at this level, but I guess he didn't do himself any favours with his form for NZ A.

Zinzan

It's the South African Tax I guess , NZ have had great success with SA born players in the recent past.
It's only really Conway & Wagner of note tbf, the only other 2 significant SA born NZ players we've had, B J Watling and Glenn Phillips both moved to New Zealand before the age of 10 and in Phillips' case aged 4 from memory so they're Kiwis through and through for mine.