• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Some shocking death overs batting there, criminal to fall so short of 400. I mean that sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

Bit of a two-man effort all around in truth.

slowfinger

International Debutant
How Boult even considered not playing for NZ in all formats is a disgrace - he should be treasured - a statue made of him in his home ground.

Some shocking death overs batting there, criminal to fall so short of 400. I mean that sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

Bit of a two-man effort all around in truth.
Should've cleared 400 easily. England got complacent and lackadaisical in the last 10. It may, and should not, matter but the intensity and thought process was very absent other than the two high scorers.

Silver Silva

International Regular
For a side batting first it's 397/5 for NZ vs Zimbabwe in Bulawayo 2005..Well I mean they did bat all their overs but it was a 44 over game

Silver Silva

International Regular
Highest score for a side not batting their full overs from a full game and getting Bowled out is 389 by West Indies vs England in 2019 at St.Georges

kevinw

International 12th Man
Eurgh England should have made this an out of sight score, instead it's reasonably chaseable, especially if NZ start well. The late order batted poorly given the platform.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I said this pitch was very good, 368 might not even be enough to be quite honest with some of the NZ batting pedigree

Silver Silva

International Regular
Ah you know what I meant, alright a team getting bowled out. Just read on Crapinfo that it was the Windies 389 against England in 2019. This one is 2nd on the list.
New Zealand made 397/5 in 44 overs way back in a 2000's game , that really stood out to me ..that's a monster score for the times

Molehill

International Captain
Highest score for a side not batting their full overs from a full game and getting Bowled out is 389 by West Indies vs England in 2019 at St.Georges
So this one is the highest one by a team batting first, remains to be seen if it's also a winning score (unlike the Windies one).

Eurgh England should have made this an out of sight score, instead it's reasonably chaseable, especially if NZ start well. The late order batted poorly given the platform.
Our death batting has been poor for a while. We seemed to have a bit of a 'we've got enough already' attitude to me. I thought the innings would splutter to an end when Buttler went. Moeen looked a bit lazy out there and could've been out (inc 2 run outs) three times before the inevitable chip in the air. Feels daft to moan with 360 plus on the board but still...