• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - England, Argentina, Japan, Samoa, Chile

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripper868

International Coach
Would love to be a back for England tonight. Just send the ball high up in the air and watch Argentina drop it, rinse and repeat.
Nailed it, if argentina keep making mistakes, keep letting them...that scrum a good example where they keep it in just that bit too long.

Argentina play Samoa next, which will be huge.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It might be the worst I’ve ever seen a real rugby nation play. England have been getting destroyed all year playing this style with 15 men.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don’t profess to know a lot about rugby but Argentina just seem to be getting all the basics wrong. Like the things as a grammar school boy I knew you couldn’t get away with by the end of first year.

Ali TT

International Regular
Would love to be a back for England tonight. Just send the ball high up in the air and watch Argentina drop it, rinse and repeat.
Maybe Curry's accidental head clash has scared them shitless every time the ball goes up

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Ford’s drop goals were so key. Got the team in front and gave them belief.

Argentina have been abysmal, but I’m not altogether surprised. Their last game against SA Reserves was woeful too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Feel like the game turned when Argentina did that stupid tap penalty routine instead of just taking a lineout from 5 metres.

ripper868

International Coach
Kick goes up, Argentina drop it, England kick again, Argentina drop it, give away penalty, repeat.

Incredible and impressive strangulating performance.

Other teams might manage to catch and pass though, which could prove to be the undoing of England.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Kick goes up, Argentina drop it, England kick again, Argentina drop it, give away penalty, repeat.

Incredible and impressive strangulating performance.

Other teams might manage to catch and pass though, which could prove to be the undoing of England.
There's a chance England might manage to keep 15 men on the pitch in one of the future games.

Only a fool's chance though

Ali TT

International Regular
England played like men possessed chasing down kicks and at the tackle area, remarkable given they played for so long with 14. Argentina just could never get on the front foot and their game disintegrated as a result.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sure Argentina were rank but I haven't seen such a solid execution of a gameplan from England in years. Great performances all the way down the lineup and a world-class kicking showcase from Ford. Pretty shocked really.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I’m a big pumas fan but that was utter garbage. Probably can’t get worse though

that red card was ridiculous. Neither of them should have been cards. It’s a contact sport and players will run into each other occasionally

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I’m a big pumas fan but that was utter garbage. Probably can’t get worse though

that red card was ridiculous. Neither of them should have been cards. It’s a contact sport and players will run into each other occasionally
I think the Argentina one had to be a yellow, you can't just run into someone kicking the ball. That was careless and verging on reckless.

But sounds like Curry can expect a 2 game ban, essentially for just standing in the wrong place whilst someone headbutts him. Surely if you're going to be handing out red cards it needs to be for dangerous play with intent, or something cynical. I fear one of the key knockout games is going to be decided by our friend in the Bunker!!

Rugby has a problem, in the attempt to make it safer (and I get that) it's making it unwatchable (and tough to understand) for many. Surely they can work out the difference between a dangerous tackle with intent and an accidental collision?

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Remarkable display of discipline and execution of game plan post sending off but f**k me Argentina were dreadful. Here’s hoping England can finally keep 15 men on the pitch.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Remarkable display of discipline and execution of game plan post sending off but f**k me Argentina were dreadful. Here’s hoping England can finally keep 15 men on the pitch.
They really were.

It was a very bizarre type of dreadful too; they didn't lose their heads or their discipline, just seemed to be bereft of a plan B once it became clear that England's front five weren't going to allow their necks be shoved backwards through their arseholes.

Ali TT

International Regular
I think the Argentina one had to be a yellow, you can't just run into someone kicking the ball. That was careless and verging on reckless.

But sounds like Curry can expect a 2 game ban, essentially for just standing in the wrong place whilst someone headbutts him. Surely if you're going to be handing out red cards it needs to be for dangerous play with intent, or something cynical. I fear one of the key knockout games is going to be decided by our friend in the Bunker!!

Rugby has a problem, in the attempt to make it safer (and I get that) it's making it unwatchable (and tough to understand) for many. Surely they can work out the difference between a dangerous tackle with intent and an accidental collision?
The only way kicks can be made safe is by not challenging the catcher or charging down, in which case there's no point having high kicks.

You might be more involved in rugby than me, but I do understand why the Curry one is a red in the context of trying to eradicate dangerous head injuries. It is saying that Curry's tackling technique - too high, too early as the catcher came down - led to the dangerous collision even if it wasn't his intention. Red card players until they learn. But as I've said above, in the same context the Argentinian charge down and the AB yellow on Friday should also be red - it was purely by luck that the reckless play in both didn't lead to a more serious incident. The mess currently is because rugby is taking half measures to make the game safe but not change it too much - they might need to get off the fence in the longer term.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
The only way kicks can be made safe is by not challenging the catcher or charging down, in which case there's no point having high kicks.

You might be more involved in rugby than me, but I do understand why the Curry one is a red in the context of trying to eradicate dangerous head injuries. It is saying that Curry's tackling technique - too high, too early as the catcher came down - led to the dangerous collision even if it wasn't his intention. Red card players until they learn. But as I've said above, in the same context the Argentinian charge down and the AB yellow on Friday should also be red - it was purely by luck that the reckless play in both didn't lead to a more serious incident. The mess currently is because rugby is taking half measures to make the game safe but not change it too much - they might need to get off the fence in the longer term.
I’m not involved at all, but watch a fair bit. For me, the issue is that too much emphasis is given to the end result rather than the tackle itself. The Argentinian tackle was far more reckless than Curry’s, but because of where contact was made, that decides card colour. It’s the same as to how a player falls after being taken out in the air, same tackle but card colour decided on what he lands on, Seems farcical to me.