• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - New Zealand, France, Italy, Uruguay, Namibia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meridio

International Regular
Very very dumb by Will Jordan and could be very costly. Surprised France went for the kick there rather than another try with the ABs a man down

ripper868

International Coach
Opposition should just turn their backs. Or be given Britain's Got Talent style buzzers to put an end to it.
Wallabies turned backs on it back in the 90s, lost by 40 or so. teams are welcome to reply (or not) to it how they like, as you are. I'd guess that something deeply traditional and ingrained into the nation (and the other PI nations) isn't just going to disappear though. It doesn't delay the kick off time, it adds a little bit of spectacle, and if you don't like it, it provides the 2 minute warning to get a drink, so I don't see what the downside is.

Ali TT

International Regular
Wallabies turned backs on it back in the 90s, lost by 40 or so. teams are welcome to reply (or not) to it how they like, as you are. I'd guess that something deeply traditional and ingrained into the nation (and the other PI nations) isn't just going to disappear though. It doesn't delay the kick off time, it adds a little bit of spectacle, and if you don't like it, it provides the 2 minute warning to get a drink, so I don't see what the downside is.
It's become a little bit of a performance because it's only allowed to be done so far from the opposition. Let them encroach if they want to, let the oppo turn their backs, whistle, do warm-ups etc.

Serge Blanco has clearly enjoyed a life of Michelin star dining and fine wines gratis since retirement.

ripper868

International Coach
No argument here, its lost alot of the heat with both teams needing to stay behind 10m lines etc, but teams are allowed to walk away if they so choose, it's just most have a general respect to accept the challenge.

ripper868

International Coach
16 point win is perhaps flattering, but France have probably been the better side in the 2nd half.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And that's all she wrote.

Plus side for NZ is the Boks lost a group game in Japan. To the ABs as it happens.