• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Flem274*

123/5
bit weird to be thinking this is the least convincing hiding i've seen dealt to us, but it's a weird year for the Warriors. dolphins are a good team, well a solid one at least.

i'm less worried about this than i am about the crap served up by the first 13 against the dragons, tigers etc. our reserves don't have the match fitness for this. comeback still on if they can find some gas, dolphins aren't truly clicking. should have 40 on us.

we're not winning our first finals game regardless so meh, who cares who we play. panthers and broncos are wayyyyy better than us. what i hope to avoid is some total bull**** week 2 against one of the protected species clubs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was a mad keen Bunnies supporter from the time my godfather gave me a jersey when I was about 5 but my fandom has gradually waned over the years

For whatever reason, I found this year’s team intensely unlikeable and I am not alone in this regard among the fan base

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'm on the wawa wagon (anyone who isn't isn't a true footy fan i would go so far as to say); my theory tho is the only way the panther doesn't win the comp is if they win round one and get caught napping in the prelim. because if they lose round one i think they'll roll through on a revenge tour after getting the wakeup call, and i don't see them losing in the grand final.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Penrith are anywhere near as good as they have been the past 2-3 years in attack, but I still can't see them being beaten unless they play at or below about 85% of their best. To me their attack is not as good without Api and Kikau, but tbh it just doesn't matter. The only way you can beat them is by a lot of offloads and changes of angles which is inherently risky. Parra have done it well against them the past few years but didn't in the finals where they have tried to get in an arm wrestle and wear Penrith down, which I don't think anyone can do.

I just can't see anyone going with them over the finals. There's a few abject pretender sides in the eight this year. Canberra, Newcastle and Brisbane are all kidding themselves. The Roosters might be some chance of doing a bit of damage because a lot of their senior players are experienced in finals and rep footy, but Cronulla are a joke side too and Melbourne aren't as good as they were in the past few years either.

The Warriors are capable of throwing something at them, but they've drawn Penrith at Penrith Park week one. They're just as likely to have 40 put on them at that venue and be so beaten up they go out in straight sets. I hope for their sake they don't, I like them as a side. Think they're good value.

But honestly, overall it's as weak a top eight as I've seen in a quite a few years. It's absolutely Penrith's comp to lose.

Kraken

State Captain
lel honestly dragons fans as a collective are ****ing horrible. Honestly man its an embarrassment. Kyle is a decent back up tbf, one who will be half as expensive as the one we just let go. None of these ****s realise we have much more pressing needs as a club rn than that of a backup hooker/half.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lel honestly dragons fans as a collective are ****ing horrible. Honestly man its an embarrassment. Kyle is a decent back up tbf, one who will be half as expensive as the one we just let go. None of these ****s realise we have much more pressing needs as a club rn than that of a backup hooker/half.
Is it confirmed that he's taking a discount to come here?

Kraken

State Captain
He was off contract so there was no need to negotiate with the Bulldogs about payouts etc. He'd just be getting his current market value, which would be sweet **** all.
yep, exactly. Which makes it a decent signing imo, considering Sullivan (the previous backup) was on $550K

Burgey

Yeah I don't see the issue with the signing tbh. There's too many people who just assume gun players in varous positions are low hanging fruit. FMD every week on the Parra forums there's calls to sign whichever kid had a decent debut dayboo on the previous Friday night. It's ****ing embarrassing. Like if Parra signed everyone the fan forums wanted them to we'd have a squad of about 260 and a salary sombrero like the Roosters.

Flem274*

123/5
I was picking 2 losses before SJ was ruled out and yeah it's not looking good.

There will be those in the mainstream over here (fans and media) who quickly forget where this side has come from. This is not our championship year. Went through the draw with my mates pre-season and our optimistic call was 10th because we hoped for reasonable improvement.

4th is phenomenal and this has been a huge success if we can build on it, which has always been the issue with this club. If our guys can retain their form and RTS can bring the same quality he left the NRL with then next year should be fun. We need to sign a proper backup to SJ though, because that is a huge hole. They don't have to be great because those guys require under the table apartment deals to keep as reserves but solid enough to build through a couple of mid-season games is a must.
Yeah I don't see the issue with the signing tbh. There's too many people who just assume gun players in varous positions are low hanging fruit. FMD every week on the Parra forums there's calls to sign whichever kid had a decent debut dayboo on the previous Friday night. It's ****ing embarrassing. Like if Parra signed everyone the fan forums wanted them to we'd have a squad of about 260 and a salary sombrero like the Roosters.
your fans are right you need a salary sombrero tbf. we all do.

Kraken

State Captain

There will be those in the mainstream over here (fans and media) who quickly forget where this side has come from. This is not our championship year. Went through the draw with my mates pre-season and our optimistic call was 10th because we hoped for reasonable improvement.

4th is phenomenal and this has been a huge success if we can build on it, which has always been the issue with this club. If our guys can retain their form and RTS can bring the same quality he left the NRL with then next year should be fun. We need to sign a proper backup to SJ though, because that is a huge hole. They don't have to be great because those guys require under the table apartment deals to keep as reserves but solid enough to build through a couple of mid-season games is a must.

tbf Metcalf is a great back up half, and volkman goes alright too

Burgey

I probably don't disagree with any of what you've said here, except I want my man Marata Niukore to fold some ****.

How have the Wahs gone the year after they've made a GF? I seem to recall they have the Parras about them and tend to go ordinarily after an "almost but not quite" year. We did it in after each of 01, 09 and 22, though tbf in 09 only finished 8th on the table anyway.

_Ed_

Hard to disagree with any of this. When you compare it to my expectations at the start of the season, it's the most impressed I've been by this team since I brazenly hopped on the bandwagon during the 2002 grand final run.