• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

kevinw

International 12th Man
You sometimes watch Malan scratch around and wonder whether he's out of form and then he's on 50 at a quicker lick than the game situation requires

thundaboult

International Debutant
and this is why the likes of sears should have been playing and trialed consistently for a while now.....lockie not in our best playing 11 atm

thundaboult

International Debutant
Nothing much to take from this game. I expect us to be ok-ish on this eng tour. We will qualify for the semis even without KW i'm sure cuz we're a tournament team. We will likely lose to a pak or australia in a KO and on we go with the cycle

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting. Chapman did bowl 3 weeks ago in Canada, only 2 overs for 13. Doull is prone to tell porkies, but who knows
Doesn't matter, I'm going to bring it up as a meme every time it's suggested he bowls for the rest of his career now. It's a death sentence of a commentary bit - just ask Ross.

Blain

U19 Captain
Buttler is a much better keeper than Seifert. He's ropey.
I don't even know how Seifert in in the NZ team. Picked on potential shown 5 years ago perhaps - but he doesn't have the numbers behind him to justify a spot in the Blackcaps. Got a couple scores against a weak SL team early this year, but that's it.

To be honest I don't think NZ is a good white ball team currently.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Santner's fine at #7. He's absolutely destroyed the Super Smash recently.
Agreed, he'd be a better 8 but at 7, he should be coming in with 4-5 overs to go max, which he is well capable of. If he comes in with 8 overs to go, not as effective.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
man, lockie has diminished dramatically from the 2018-2020 bowler he used to be
Ain't this the truth. I don't remember a time (and if there was a T20I, I don't care to remember) where Lockie actually bowled well. He went OK in the last ODI in India when everyone else got carted, but geez it's been slim pickings for him for NZ since his outstanding 2019 World Cup. Batsmen look very comfortable playing him. Milne should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Poor batting performance for a team that has 5 of the top 6 first choice batsmen.

I'm more ok with Santner at 7 in T20s than in ODIs. Better if we had a decent number 8 after him though - Milne threatens but rarely delivers.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ain't this the truth. I don't remember a time (and if there was a T20I, I don't care to remember) where Lockie actually bowled well. He went OK in the last ODI in India when everyone else got carted, but geez it's been slim pickings for him for NZ since his outstanding 2019 World Cup. Batsmen look very comfortable playing him. Milne should be ahead of him in the pecking order.
The last time I remember Lockie bowling well was the first T20i of the 2020/21 summer when he put the wind up the windies and came away with 4 or 5 for sfa. That was as fast as I've ever seen him bowl and also one of his last games before injuries of various shades kept him out for the better part of a year, and he hasn't looked the same since.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
More of New Zealand fans rubbishing their team. We recently squeaked the win in a tight series against *UAE* so not much can be expected against mighty England in their own back yard. When world cricket icon KW is not in the T20 team it is just not respected, sure there are some class players are there like Conway….but there’s a whole lot of Ilford Second II players making up the numbers. Guys that can slog a few in the CPL and the ‘Super Mash’ but are often all-at-sea in international cricket - although they are real plucky triers.