• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Asia Cup 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Aug 30th 1st game in asia cup

SL & Afghanistan not yet announces their teams

SL in big big trouble as Hasaranga (not available koz he have side strain) While Ebadot out of Asia cup with injury while
Avishka Fernando & Kushal Mendis suffered Covid -19 ( during LPL)

i wish both Afghanistan & lanka announce their asia cup team in next 48 hours

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going to be hard to stop India

Pakistan don't have the consistency
Highest win percentage since the last world cup but ok. India have as a good a chance to win as Pak obviously but I don't think the current ODI side is inconsistent.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sold on Pakistan's spin bowling, honestly. Shadab's turned into more of a batting allrounder in ODI, salman's a handy part timer, not a genuine bowling option consistently, and usama mir has struggled in the games he's got outside India and wrist spinners of his mold dont generally tour well there.

Nawaz is the only guy I'm sold on and he's barely played in this wc cycle. There's also a gaping hole in there middle order between rizwan and shadab/salmon. They've got the pacers and allround batting to make the semi's most times, but I'm still not sold.

G. S. Kohli

Afghanistan squad: Hashmatullah Shahidi (capt), Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Rahmat Shah, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil (wk), Rashid Khan, Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Abdul Rahman, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Mohammad Saleem, Fazalhaq Farooqi

G. S. Kohli

Sorry SL team not announced yet

Avishka Fernando & Kushal Perera infected with Covid while Ibadot & Hasaranga ruled out for Asia cup

SL Must announce their team by tomorrow koz on Aug 31 they have their 1st game

03:00 PM
Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka
at Pallekele

2nd Match, Group B, Asia Cup, 2023

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sold on Pakistan's spin bowling, honestly. Shadab's turned into more of a batting allrounder in ODI, salman's a handy part timer, not a genuine bowling option consistently, and usama mir has struggled in the games he's got outside India and wrist spinners of his mold dont generally tour well there.

Nawaz is the only guy I'm sold on and he's barely played in this wc cycle. There's also a gaping hole in there middle order between rizwan and shadab/salmon. They've got the pacers and allround batting to make the semi's most times, but I'm still not sold.
#5 is a problem as you say but Shadab turns up in tournaments and is a better second spinner than what most other teams have tbf. Never been a big fan of Nawaz but can't fault his ODI record. He'll surely be the first choice in Asia Cup now.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
#5 is a problem as you say but Shadab turns up in tournaments and is a better second spinner than what most other teams have tbf. Never been a big fan of Nawaz but can't fault his ODI record. He'll surely be the first choice in Asia Cup now.
Shadab has turned into a fine allrounder, but since the last WC he's averaging 40+ with the ball. That's probably inflated a bit by the flatter pak home decks, but he's really not been great. I can see him turning it around, hes a quality t20 bowler, but he's performing like a 3rd spinner, which is pak's issue. If they only field nawaz/mir+shadab+salman as the three spinners they've got a very underwhelming attack. All the other SC teams have better spin depth, so do SA, and I don't think it's much better than AUS/ENG/NZ.

On paper Shadab is defs a way better second spinner than most can field, I'm just not sold on his current form in the format, especially given the fact that he's a wrist spinner going to india. Wrist spinners generally don't travel amazingly there to begin with.