• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 12th Match (D/N) - India vs Pakistan - October 14th, Ahmedabad

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
What vegetarianism does to a person's taste buds. Bah gawd, I was avoiding this thread to protect my last 2 braincells but how is mixing up paneer and aloo in various ways better or more diverse than Pakistani cuisine?
Do Pakistanis think that all Indian are vegetarians?
Outside of Northwest, vegetarianism isn't really that much prevalent in India.

Anyway many of the famous Pakistani foods(biryani, Haleem, Nihari, Korma) are literally made by Muhajirs(basically Indians who migrated to Pakistan and took Indian food with them).

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do Pakistani's think that all Indian are vegetarians?
Outside of Northwest, vegetarianism isn't really that much prevalent in India.
Ugh, that just makes your ignorance worse.

Anyway many of the famous Pakistani foods(biryani, Haleem, Nihari, Korma) are literally made by Muhajirs(basically Indians who migrated to Pakistan and took Indian food with them).
Almost universally migrant communities form a culture that's distinct from whence they originated and a distinct entity in its own right.

ma1978

International Debutant
Was in Lahore for a wedding. Went looking forward to the food more than anything else. The “Pakistani” food was god awful, not just at the wedding but everywhere else. The flip side is I had excellent Italian and Chinese meals. So I agree.

ma1978

International Debutant
That said, Taiyyabs and Salloos in London are awesome, so maybe it’s just Pakistani food in Pakistan.

trundler

I researched this after our last argument. It's basically just variations of North Indian food and doesn't have anywhere near the diversity of Indian cuisine. Sorry but its true.
That's just Punjabi food. And Pakistani Punjabi food is different from Indian Punjabi food. The other provinces are pretty far removed from any "North Indian" influence. Also why are you classifying Pakistani food as a derivative of North Indian food and not vice versa when there's one shared heritage where the two overlap ffs. More variation isn't better. Keep you bhajis and pavs. Much cuisine such wow.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah actually great.

I'm not really a nationalist so don't take this harshly but imo Pak cuisine is just a watered down and less diverse version of Indian cuisine.
Ugh, this is the usual take from people who are generally ignorant about good food.

Pakistan has great fusion food. Takes all the best things from Indian and Central Asian foods and takes it next level.

FYI, Lahore food sucks in general so in that I agree with @ma1978 . If you want to taste the real food of Pakistan, go to either Karachi or Peshawar. You get proper Pakistani foods.

Also agree with OS that for a lot of Pakistani dishes you can find variations in North Indian foods, but its the use of spices and cooking methods that are generally very different and lead to much superior experience.

Case in point, the tandoori chicken with orange powder that will taint your fingers forever (in at least all the Indian restaurants I have been to) is a significant downgrade from the chicken tikka you find in Karachi. Similarly, all the bar bq and kebab items are likely far superior in Pakistan too. WE have 0 strength in any veg or vegan cuisine though. So that is that.

OverratedSanity

That's just Punjabi food. And Pakistani Punjabi food is different from Indian Punjabi food. The other provinces are pretty far removed from any "North Indian" influence.
These are just words. I've looked up pakistani food its the predictable stuff. There is nothing in there that would be out of place in some of the Indian regional cuisines.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ugh, this is the usual take from people who are generally ignorant about good food.

Pakistan has great fusion food. Takes all the best things from Indian and Central Asian foods and takes it next level.

FYI, Lahore food sucks in general so in that I agree with @ma1978 . If you want to taste the real food of Pakistan, go to either Karachi or Peshawar. You get proper Pakistani foods.

Also agree with OS that for a lot of Pakistani dishes you can find variations in North Indian foods, but its the use of spices and cooking methods that are generally very different and lead to much superior experience.

Case in point, the tandoori chicken with orange powder that will taint your fingers forever (in at least all the Indian restaurants I have been to) is a significant downgrade from the chicken tikka you find in Karachi. Similarly, all the bar bq and kebab items are likely far superior in Pakistan too. WE have 0 strength in any veg or vegan cuisine though. So that is that.
I write such a good post, and everybody just ignores it. :wacko: