• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFNB

Cricket Spectator
Upcoming Asia cup and WC, gives perfect opportunity to discuss the elephant in the room.

Why India are scared of playing Pakistan?

Why are cricket lovers so apathetic towards this issue like its the middle east conflict ffs.

To me personally it smacks of that rich kid with all the cricketing gear not wanting to play with his poorer but more talented neighbour, incase it showed them up. Or god forbid make the poor kid better in the process.
It's a political issue.
India would probably beat Pakistan in all formats.
India often play other nations below them in the ranking but who have the capability of beating India.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Upcoming Asia cup and WC, gives perfect opportunity to discuss the elephant in the room.

Why India are scared of playing Pakistan?

Why are cricket lovers so apathetic towards this issue like its the middle east conflict ffs.

To me personally it smacks of that rich kid with all the cricketing gear not wanting to play with his poorer but more talented neighbour, incase it showed them up. Or god forbid make the poor kid better in the process.
Haha are you ****ing serious with your posts on this issue?

It'd actually be awesome if administrators cared even half as much about their team winning matches as you think they do. A series against Pakistan - even if they lost - would personally make them all thousands. They'd love it, even if they lost (which, based on other results, seems quite unlikely anyway).

It's obviously political. That sucks, but it is what it is. Juvenile attacks about them being chicken or whatever do nothing to help the situation.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

It'd actually be awesome if administrators cared even half as much about their team winning matches as you think they do. A series against Pakistan - even if they lost - would personally make them all thousands. They'd love it, even if they lost (which, based on other results, seems quite unlikely anyway).

It's obviously political. That sucks, but it is what it is. Juvenile attacks about them being chicken or whatever do nothing to help the situation.
You seem surprised? That username didn't flag the guy is all about overcompensation?

Max D

Cricket Spectator

What situation is that then? I think you have a over inflated sense of worth if you think my comments don't help. It's a only a message board. Why is this subject so difficult to discuss with any integrity or honesty? Instead opting to hide behind a meme or a trope.

I find it both funny and tiresome how easy you guys fall into the default position of its "politics", nowt to see here guvnor.

Like that makes it all better. It doesn't.

As all the politics surrounding this issue is BS. Anyone falling for them are very gullible indeed.

What's the current reason Bcci not playing Pakistan? How can they justify not playing one of the major nations, a neighbour to boot?

We all know why there is literally zero pressure from any nation or body to overturn this cricketing apartheid.

Im still waiting on why they couldn't play a series in a neutral venue like middle east or England. Or why no Pakistan players were allowed to play in ipl. Remember that **** show after Pak won the world Cup and all the top players got invited over for auction. Then got slapped in the face. That is what bcci are about.

I think you are naive and obtuse if you think my point was just about bcci being scared of losing.

Do you really think the bcci miss the Pakistan v ind cash? No. They are more bothered about keeping Pak down and protecting their brand. Imagine the fallout when PSL stars would kick the poo out of the IPL fatties.

But aye mate, you stick to "ooooh we played Australia and nearly beat them, pak got beat to Aus. So ergo Ind are far superior to PAK". That only highlights how incredibly daft the people who take that stand are. School yard stuff.

Max D

Cricket Spectator
You seem surprised? That username didn't flag the guy is all about overcompensation?
Wow.

Is this all you guys have in the locker? Grammar mistakes and imbecile jokes about usernames. Not trying to discuss anything relevant?

Have a word with yourselves guys. You are letting your side down.

Shady Slim

International Coach
It's not about Kashmir. India Pakistan were playing matches for a long time when Kashmir was still an ongoing dispute.
@ankitj, you are a measured head and someone who posts in a pretty balanced way on these issues - what's changed in the political schema such that matches are a no go now?

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
The op is being a dick, however i do believe whatever the 'political' reasons preventing games are is mostly bs. Its clearly not a safety issue, they could easily play in a neutral venue.

Socerer 01

International Captain
The op is being a dick, however i do believe whatever the 'political' reasons preventing games are is mostly bs. Its clearly not a safety issue, they could easily play in a neutral venue.
depends on what you call bs politics wise

Shady Slim

International Coach
Mumbai 2008
so forgive my naivete here, you had the actual sri lankan cricket team get attacked in pakistan and sri lanka continued to play pakistan after that and have since had their own tour of pakistan even - i know that the extant geopolitical conflicts mean indian govt may not be amenable to a pak tour (or for that matter vice versa) but how does it rise to the level of the governments wanting to stop them playing at even neutral venues?

Socerer 01

International Captain
so forgive my naivete here, you had the actual sri lankan cricket team get attacked in pakistan and sri lanka continued to play pakistan after that and have since had their own tour of pakistan even - i know that the extant geopolitical conflicts mean indian govt may not be amenable to a pak tour (or for that matter vice versa) but how does it rise to the level of the governments wanting to stop them playing at even neutral venues?
bruh

comparing two acts of terrorism already seems sick but since this leads to that these are two different instances. the Sri Lankan team was attacked on Pakistani soil. Mumbai 2008 was an attack by terrorists with ties to Pakistan on Indian soil, dont you think the location of it matters? this also ignores that Pakistan and Sri Lanka don’t have the type of frosty relations that India and Pakistan do due to history

this may not be a fair reason to bar a neutral venue series but there is a lot more to it that can’t be easily discussed in this board

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
The Indian public doesn't really want to see India play Pakistan in bilateral series because in their view it gives Pakistan legitimacy.

ICC events are different because they are organized by third party bigger than both Pakistani and Indian cricket boards and India vs Pakistan is only a sideshow.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
bruh

comparing two acts of terrorism already seems sick but since this leads to that these are two different instances. the Sri Lankan team was attacked on Pakistani soil. Mumbai 2008 was an attack by terrorists with ties to Pakistan on Indian soil, dont you think the location of it matters? this also ignores that Pakistan and Sri Lanka don’t have the type of frosty relations that India and Pakistan do due to history

this may not be a fair reason to bar a neutral venue series but there is a lot more to it that can’t be easily discussed in this board
well these are the sorts of finer details that i don't really know about and hence am asking people who know more about the topic than me to inform me about

the tone here really isn't necessary itbt c'mon man you're better than that lol

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just because it's bollocks doesn't mean it's not political.

It's a government doing something with spurious reasons behind it of which the most significant is nationalistic bad feeling. What else would you call that but 'a political issue'.

Status
Not open for further replies.