• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Rubbish, that can't account for everything. Just accept it, England scrapped and played a bit smarter to get back from 2-0 down. It's no victory for England but it had some gripping Test cricket and at 0-2, I'll take that-no gloating.
Absolutely spot in. Yep. People need to not be so biased and strip the emotion back and see it for what it is - gutsy cricket. England kelp fighting.

Qlder

International Debutant
Can we please drop Cummins as captain now. ATG as just bowler averaging 21 with nearly 5 wickets per match, but averages nearly 26 with only 3.5 wickets per match as captain

Last edited:

Max D

Cricket Spectator
Love he's walking off with Mo. Not a great or even good player but a top bloke who was excellent today.
What a patronising condescending post. Mo not a great or even good player? Are you serious? Whilst I acknowledge his limitations. I also say he's had a very valuable England career. Did you see his name alongside England greats Botham Flintoff Broad and only a few others to take 200 test and 3000 runs? Aye mate. Not even good lol

South Africa (1995-2013)Jacques Kallis
England (2007-present)Stuart Broad
Australia (1992-2007)Shane Warne
India (1978-1994)Kapil Dev
New Zealand (1997-2014)Daniel Vettori
Sri Lanka (1994-2009)Chaminda Vaas
South Africa (1995-2008)Shaun Pollock
England (1977-1992)Ian Botham
West Indies (1954-1974)Garfield Sobers
India (2011-present)Ravichandran Ashwin
Pakistan (1971-1992)Imran Khan
New Zealand (1973-1990)Richard Hadlee
England (1998-2009)Andrew Flintoff
Bangladesh (2007-present)Shakib Al Hasan
New Zealand (1989-2004)Chris Cairns

hazsa19

International Regular
This was just stupidity. I don't know whose fault it was, whether it was the selectors, coach or captain, but whoever made the call to not play him at Lord's deserves a smack.
This is hindsight isn’t it? When did Woakes last play well before this? Likewise, no one would have predicted Robinson/ Anderson’s poor showing.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
ah what a sport what a series test cricket is best cricket!! congratulations ingerlund on what was a great series - england better on net but let it slip in crucial moments with those early matches. congrats mo and broad for having a say on the very last day of the series.

gloating too much about being awarded the trophy after a tie is a distinctly english phenomenon and any man woman child or person identifying as other identity from australia who does that ought to be ashamed itbt!
SS :thumbup: Don't know about "gloating" or anything like that and do not know anything about trophies. England threw away any chance of regaining the Ashes with two batting performances which merit a special place in Hell reserved for lawyers, dentists and those who talk loudly in the theatre.

Well played Straya though. Khawaja was MoS for me but then I'm a bit old school

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
Disappointed there is not a single photo on our country's largest sporting publication of us lifting the trophy. Fell asleep at lunch once the rain set in and was looking forward to waking up to some quality photos of Patty with the urn.

Either way, that was a great series. England were better than I thought they would be and we have a few team selections and captaincy decisions to ponder. Ultimately everyone won something so no complaints.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is hindsight isn’t it? When did Woakes last play well before this? Likewise, no one would have predicted Robinson/ Anderson’s poor showing.
Woakes's record at Lord's is incredible. He should've played the Ireland test too so the selectors are to blame there also.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
In my opinion Australia WTC title win was more important than this ashes series so very successful tour for Australia.

Won WTC final
Retain the ashes for 2nd time in row in England!

Confirming Australia as best Test team in the world job done.

England only draw the series because lyon got injured otherwise it would been 3-1 Australia. Rain saved England plus help from the umpires with the ball change.
What a load of old bollocks.

We had a load of injuries were as you lost just Lyon.

We were without Leach and Archer for the whole series. We lost Wood for 2 tests, Pope for 3 and Woakes wasn't fir to start the series.

On top of that Stokes could hardly bowl and Mo was significantly handicapped in 2 tests.

When did rain save us - are you talking about today? Yes the rain break came a good time but it hardly saved us.

What about OT - did the rain save us there as well. 😁

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

We were without Leach and Archer for the whole series. We lost Wood for 2 tests, Pope for 3 and Woakes wasn't fir to start the series.

On top of that Stokes could hardly bowl and Mo was significantly handicapped in 2 tests.

When did rain save us - are you talking about today? Yes the rain break came a good time but it hardly saved us.

Honestly mate, just hit ignore. Your life will improve

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

On the upside, you got to choose the pitches.

91Jmay

International Coach
What a patronising condescending post. Mo not a great or even good player? Are you serious? Whilst I acknowledge his limitations. I also say he's had a very valuable England career. Did you see his name alongside England greats Botham Flintoff Broad and only a few others to take 200 test and 3000 runs? Aye mate. Not even good lol

South Africa (1995-2013)Jacques Kallis
England (2007-present)Stuart Broad
Australia (1992-2007)Shane Warne
India (1978-1994)Kapil Dev
New Zealand (1997-2014)Daniel Vettori
Sri Lanka (1994-2009)Chaminda Vaas
South Africa (1995-2008)Shaun Pollock
England (1977-1992)Ian Botham
West Indies (1954-1974)Garfield Sobers
India (2011-present)Ravichandran Ashwin
Pakistan (1971-1992)Imran Khan
New Zealand (1973-1990)Richard Hadlee
England (1998-2009)Andrew Flintoff
Bangladesh (2007-present)Shakib Al Hasan
New Zealand (1989-2004)Chris Cairns
He played a lot and has some great performances but his numbers are poor. A good bits and pieces/role player maybe, not a bad one.

As I said one of my favourites and should be extremely proud of his career, no question.

Sticking his hand up for this series when he knew he'd be on a hiding to nothing most likely with how little he's played is very admirable and he came good this Test and with the bat in the last for sure.